Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Courses - Good idea or Bad idea?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello Everyone,

I am thinking of starting an enterprise course (hetac)in a couple of weeks in dublin,
    It deals with corporate finance and strategy of enterprises. However it costs 1400. It deals with mainly theory and some practical aspects.

Im curious to hear peoples opinions on if you think it is worth to undertake these type of courses, would i be better putting that money into my own enterprise ideas and investments. In other words you 'have to be in business to do business'. There is no real way to learn entrepreneurial skills unless you are in the real world and not educational centers.

Would love to hear your comments on this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Personally I'd advise against doing one but if you really want to then go to your County Enterprise Board and do one with them for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

Would recommend you go to your county entreprise board as well, save your money until you have a business up and running or at least have a concrete idea to build on first. Those types of courses are for months/years down the line if you are thinking of developing a business.

That's my opinion anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lampshadep4

Thanks for your feedback, i think i willl go to my local entreprise borad first instead of throwing my money at theory and exams when i can could do it for free locally.

I do not have a soild business plan so many in a few years, if anybody has experience of these hetac enterprises courses, feel free to express your experience.

Advertisement