Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio rock

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had any dealings with this type of treatment\purclocation.

I have been given 3 differnent suggestions to go for

Straight septic tank, Treatment plant or septic tank and Bio rock

I am thining on going with the Biorock.

Is there anyone out there that can advise?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaleRider

Hello,

1. Were you required to have a site assessment.
    2. Who recommend the different systems.
    3. What cost is the Bio-Rock
    4. What cost is a Standard Septic Tank
    Have you Professional Person advising you. A Site Assessment carried out by an Approved Assessor will cover all the above points. you can access the list of Site Suitability Assessors through your Local Co Council. It's not a matter that is easy to decide, it's what is right for your site. This is a very important Area, take Professional Advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Hi,

The lad that done my percolation. He has said that these are the 3 options that are opened to me.

I like the bio rock idea and thats why im asking has anyone had any deals with it.

I know the cost of this biorock is going to be more expensive but have got no prices back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ballyhea

The best person to call about Biorock is James Clarke at TEC Ltd. Tralee as they are the Irish distributers for Biorock.
    He has sold a lot of non-electric Biorock plants in Ireland and should be able to let you know people who have bought them.

Thanks ballyhea. I will contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerf2002

Hi Sean, I'd be interested in hearing how you got on with Biorock. I'm looking for something small, simple and low maintenance for a holiday house in Cork. The biorock seems ideal. I'll give them a call tomorrow myself.

• Advertisement

Just waiting to hear back from wexford CC to see if they will accept it.
    The lad that did the testing for me went to them last week to see if they will accept it. He said that at the moment it does not have a cert or something from ireland but it has passed all the tests and is fully certed in EU.

He said even if they reject it because it has no irish cert, it wont matter come jan 2011 as wexford cc has to accept all treatment systems that have passed the EU tests.

O by the way BIOROCK is fully certified to EN12566-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

seanhowlin wrote: »
    Just waiting to hear back from wexford CC to see if they will accept it.
    The lad that did the testing for me went to them last week to see if they will accept it. He said that at the moment it does not have a cert or something from ireland but it has passed all the tests and is fully certed in EU.

He said even if they reject it because it has no irish cert, it wont matter come jan 2011 as wexford cc has to accept all treatment systems that have passed the EU tests.

O by the way BIOROCK is fully certified to EN12566-3.

Any update on this folks, anyone using their product

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Any update on how ye got on.Looking at one of these myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭L driver

Would also like any info. Is the outlet from the biorock unit very low??

I got held up with my build but im well on my way now. Should be getting the biorock in the next 2-3 months. I will let you all know how it goes when i get it installed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 brencog

Hi all. Spoke to an environmental planner in the NW recently and he tells me that the Biorock was recently refused permission, because the percolation bed was not clearing the discharge from the treatment tank quickly enough, and the tank flooded. I suspect though, that the installation, or the ground conditions were not sufficient for that particular installation. I have downloaded the EN cert from a German testing institute, which tested the system according to EN 12566-3 Annex B. The system passes all relevant and current requirements, in that, the outflow is considered to be almost potable...(their words not mine) but I won't be putting that to the test. I write the above because I am seriously considering installing one in a new build shortly.
    Hope this is of some small help to those in a quandary about Biorock systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ballyhea

Brencog is right. If the Biorock flooded it must be the percolation bed that was the problem, not the Biorock. The same amount of water would come out of any sewage treatment plant used in that situation, so if it can't get away, they will all flood, irrespective of whether it is a Biorock, Envirocare etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 voicebody

HI I'm just wondering how anyone who installed Biorock in the above thread have found it in the years since? I'm considering it for a new build.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement