Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask WIW on here?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Just thought i d ask before i posted the house. Struggling hugely with what % of asking prices i should be offering for a €410k house. Id be thinking offer 85% - €350k but maybe start at 330 or so. Is €80k below asking insulting?(not that i care really)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

This is a business transaction, you shouldn't feel emotional or embarrassed about anything to do with it. Think carefully about how much the house is worth to you and consider all the economic factors etc. before you make an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Yeah some people reckon if your not embarressed by the offer its too high. I think you need to weigh up repayments, % of equity you want in the house and make an offer. I'd let for 2 or 3 increased bids so go well below what you think it might be worth to you.

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay, you set the price in a buyers market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I know someone who got an offer of €100,000 on a house that was up for sale for €180,000, she ****ed the estate agent of of it for coming to her with such a low offer. She didn't accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

You dont get anywhere if you dont ask! All they can say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Can I ask WIW on here?
    You can.

However, realise that if the seller or the estate agent find the thread, they are going to start bumping the price.

Also, you are asking random people on the internet, not people who will owe the bank ~€400,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Dymo wrote: »
    I know someone who got an offer of €100,000 on a house that was up for sale for €180,000, she ****ed the estate agent of of it for coming to her with such a low offer. She didn't accept.

Who cares about the estate agent - its their job!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Who cares about the estate agent - its their job!

It's nobodies job to be abused and shouted at :confused:

+1 on what others have said, you shouldn't be embarrassed about any of it, it's all about what you can comfortably afford now and in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Dymo wrote: »

Agent is obliged to inform buyer of any offer. Seems your acquaintance is clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

3DataModem wrote: »
    Agent is obliged to inform buyer of any offer. Seems your acquaintance is clueless.

Only if the buyer has told the agent to tell them any offer. Buyer may set a limit to what offers will be considered, and tell the agent to refuse any lower offer outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Whats the house worth to you?

You ask how much can you offer, well only you can answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

You should really be holing on till next year (or the year after) when you will undoubtedly steal this house (or similar) for a lot less...

Otherwise if you insist on buying now I would recommend only offering (paying) what house is worth to YOU..if the EA valuation is way over that keep shopping...

Advertisement