Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym with a squat rack in West Cork

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend me a gym in the west Cork Area? Could be there for a few months and since The Vaults closed down in Skibbereen I don't know where to go.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The maritime in bantry says it has one,i think its dear enough to join

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

mp22 wrote: »

if you join before the end of sept you can do monthly membership for €59 a month..not sure what it is for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

lisao80 wrote: »
    if you join before the end of sept you can do monthly membership for €59 a month..not sure what it is for 12 months.

€59 is crazy money. No one in their' right mind etc....... Thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

There is a relatively new gym opened in the new GAA complex in Clonakilty, am sure they'd have a squat rack in there. My in-laws are from the area and from what I've heard, the facilities in there are supposed to be really good.

The new complex is on the Dunmanway road, if you leave Clon and head out the Skibereen road, you take a right turn on to the Dunmanway road and it's about 100m up that road on the right, you can't miss it :)

http://www.clonakiltygaa.ie/Content/OurComplex.aspx

There is a relatively new gym opened in the new GAA complex in Clonakilty, am sure they'd have a squat rack in there. My in-laws are from the area and from what I've heard, the facilities in there are supposed to be really good.

The new complex is on the Dunmanway road, if you leave Clon and head out the Skibereen road, you take a right turn on to the Dunmanway road and it's about 100m up that road on the right, you can't miss it :)

Seen that. Didn't know they had those facilities. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

squod wrote: »
    €59 is crazy money. No one in their' right mind etc....... Thanks for the reply though.

The Maritime is €349 for 12 months if you join during September so now's the time for people to join before the prices get crazy expensive again. I know that's no good to you if you're only around for a few months but it might help someone else out.

Fair play. I was onto them earlier. No squat rack! ( in my mind it's really basic equipment) So I guess it's Clon for me.

mp22 wrote: »

Been to both gyms these gyms today. Neither of them has a rack. Opening a gym could be a business opportunity in West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

The Maritime is €349 for 12 months if you join during September so now's the time for people to join before the prices get crazy expensive again. I know that's no good to you if you're only around for a few months but it might help someone else out.
    Not too sure that prices are likely to 'get crazy expensive' anytime soon. In the current climate, I think that's highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

overmantle wrote: »
    Not too sure that prices are likely to 'get crazy expensive' anytime soon. In the current climate, I think that's highly unlikely.

It depends on what you consider crazy expensive I suppose. Come the start of next month it'll be back to costing in the region of €600 for 12 months membership of the gym at the Maritime. When I first joined 2 years ago 12 months membership was €690 so not a lot has changed. The Maritime does do the occasional good deal to draw customers in (like having a reduced monthly rate this summer and the current good deal on the 12 months membership) but they're not doing a lot to keep the prices lower on an ongoing basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Camron

squod wrote: »
    Anyone recommend me a gym in the west Cork Area? Could be there for a few months and since The Vaults closed down in Skibbereen I don't know where to go.
    If you are looking exclusively for squat racks, then gym is not the only place where you can find one. You can buy one for yourself and use it in your home, it is quite affordable and will not take much space in your house. Squat rack is a very good form of workout to lose weight and to build muscular body. All the best.

Advertisement