Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Legends" the Movie, coming to Swords/Dundrum

• 14-09-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭

This is the first HD film about the Tour de France and takes viewers on an intense and personal journey through the most arduous bike race on the planet, following the stellar 2009 HTC Team Columbia team.

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-DUNDRUM&p=details&eventCode=5966

I know Cavendish is a polarising figure, but it sounds as if there'll plenty of other material. Should be worth it just to see some cycling action on the big screen (and HD!).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

....'compared by BBC commentator Phil Leggett'.

You'd think they'd have been able to spell the compaire's (narrator?) name properly! Worth a look though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 new2biking

Watched it the weekend after importing it from US. I didnt realise the amount of team tactics that were involved in TDF. Very good DVD with some fabulous shots. Cavendish comes across well and he's not as cocky as I thought.

Recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Cool, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

buffalo wrote: »
    ... Should be worth it just to see some cycling action on the big screen (and HD!).

A pity it's just in HD though. A head-on shot of a mass bunch sprint would be something worth seeing in 3D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

CHASING LEGENDS the story of the recent Tour de France and British bad boy Mark Cavendish on Thursday October 21 at 8pm followed by a live Q&A featuring the HTC team (including Mark Cavendish) compared by BBC commentator Phil Leggett.

More infor Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Booked tickets for it this morning. Looks good!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I thought it was going to be a video of Team wheelworx/boards.ie racing around Ireland when I saw the title ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

In. Booked. Brill. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

quality stuff....booked it....

thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Booked.. Places are going fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Are you all going to sit in the front row in full Boards Kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Just booked also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

can someone explain how the film is on at 8pm on the 21st of october in Dundrum, swords and gorey, while also having a Q&A with Mark Cavendish

he rides a push bike, not a bloody Delorean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

As long as his DeLorean brings him to Dundrum we'll all be happy!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I believe Cav will be in Monaco, together with the rest of the team - the benefit of the cinema is the Q&A session can be seen "live" on the big screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Beasty wrote: »
    I believe Cav will be in Monaco, together with the rest of the team - the benefit of the cinema is the Q&A session can be seen "live" on the big screen!

ah, so who asks the questions?

ah, so who asks the questions?
    Phil Liggett:p

I suspect this will be shown at a number of cinemas around the UK at the same time. I've been to "real" Q&A sessions before (one involving Alex Ferguson and Stuart Pearce being an example) when all questions were "vetted" beforehand. Basically anyone who wants to ask a question puts it down on a piece of paper, and all the questions are collated. Someone goes through them (presumably while the film is showing) and the compere puts the selected questions to the interviewees

I'm not saying this is how it will happen this time........

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Showing in SGC Dungarvan on October 21st at 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

New Trailer for chasing legends ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

This is only on @ 8pm in certain cinemas around the country on 21st Oct, I wont be around for it and its killing me. I'd love to see it. Suppose I'll have to ask the missus to get me the dvd for xmas, really wanted to see it on the big screen tho...

Is it definitely not being shown on another date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Anyone got a link to all the places this is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

....'compared by BBC commentator Phil Leggett'.

You'd think they'd have been able to spell the compaire's (narrator?) name properly! Worth a look though.

You'd think they'd have been able to spell compere properly as well... :D

Have my ticket anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭buffalo

wow, they're doing a second showing in Dundrum. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Both shows in Dundrum sold out.....WTF!! Just got a ticket for swords though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LeonKyr

Anyone sells a ticket?

please PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

I have a ticket for swords, if anyone wants to swap their Dundrum ticket I will, and also I would be willing to buy a Dundrum ticket as swords doesn't really suit me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Wouldn't mind an alternative date, Thursday at 8 is the only time in the week I actually have anything on. :(

At least I have something for a Christmas list now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

The Q+A session after the film is filmed live from london and will feature Mark Cavendish, Bernie Eisel, Rolf Aldag and Brian Holm. You can send qusetions to [EMAIL="tweet@chasing_legends"]tweet@chasing_legends[/EMAIL] including name/club/location and it might be answered .

• Advertisement

Just 7 seats left for the swords showing :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Just rang dungarvan, 80 seats left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fixieboy

How do you know that there are 7 tickets left at Swords? Says sold out on the web

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

furiousox wrote: »
    Just 7 seats left for the swords showing :)
    shows on website that it is sold out.tried to call them but no answer.

RO 06 wrote: »
    shows on website that it is sold out.tried to call them but no answer.

Hmmm...still 7 seats available on this link

B3-J3-K3-L3-J18-L19-L20

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-SWORDS&p=tickets&perfCode=78276

EDIT: 3 left now, J3-K3-L3

CPL 593H

Is that website a bit suspect no? Three different browsers are telling me not to trust it - thanks for passing on the link though!

• Advertisement

fixieboy wrote: »
    Is that website a bit suspect no? Three different browsers are telling me not to trust it - thanks for passing on the link though!

It's the direct link from the movies@swords website, same link I booked my ticket through.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    It's the direct link from the movies@swords website, same link I booked my ticket through.

Thanks mate - I'm booked in for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Wil it b shown again soon?

How wud one book it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

on very off chance , if anyone has 2 tickets to this and wants sell please let me know , could collect from anywhere dublin and meath thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Wow only 2 seats left @swords tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

How did you manage to get 2 to show? When I go in it says sold out!!!! wont even let me click in as itis 'RED'

I used the link http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/i...perfCode=78276

Just did again now and they re still there.

Broken Link???

bcmf wrote: »
    Broken Link???

the same link furiousox pasted a few posts ago.

yeah got through on Furiosox's link but it is still coming up sold out.
    ahh not to worry. Beasty will be having a showing at xmas in his own private cinema.

I just bought one for bcmf off the same link.
    Still showing 2 single seats available right at the front K3 & L3.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

I've got 2 tickets for the 20.00 showing in Dundrum tonight and won't be able to make it. There's a slight problem, I won't be anywhere near Dundrum so can't collect the tickets myself, as far as I can see from their website you need the credit card the booking was made with to get them. Now, I'm assuming that it's common enough for people to show up without it, I can give the booking reference, my name, and the last 4 digits of the credit card to anyone who wants to give it a try. Won't be online for long so first come first served. Please don't reply if you're not going to use them, would like these to go to a good home!

PS these are FOC....

please how can i contact you to receive them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Sending you a pm now, if for any chance you can't use them please offer them back up here.... Enjoy!

thanks a lot , will go myself have been trying to get these for while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement