Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Legends" the Movie, coming to Swords/Dundrum

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

No worries, enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Thanks Furiousox. Only back now so prob would have missed them. Really dont know why my links wouldnt work!!! See ya's later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

3 of us going and have a 4th ticket spare if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

... Cav wins the stage and Contador wins the 2009 TdF ... who'd have thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh. Duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh-duduh.

I enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

How was the boys night out ? id say pick and mix sales where down haha ... is it worth a watch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

some great cinematography and angles. Team TT was savage was getting a headache watching it. so some questions. Voight what a legend.

who in Garmin hated Hincapie and why?

In Q&A when Cav said about cycling being nearly 100% clean is he just follwong a pr spin or is this normal for him especially in light of last few weeks.

Good night out but worried about the amount of nacjos and chocies being eaten in Swords. Think there was a bit of rinse vomitting going on in the jacks after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

shaungil wrote: »
    some great cinematography and angles

Amazing camera work alright. Not sure was it the big screen, or the HD, or perhaps Eurosport not getting all the camera feeds during the live broadcast, but it really got into the event.

Some great nicknames I'd not heard before - Panzerwagen, Prince Harry, lol!

Bit of a bum note though at the end of the interview when yer man picked Riis' win in 96 as his personal highlight of the Tour, or maybe he was joking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Bit of a bum note though at the end of the interview when yer man picked Riis' win in 96 as his personal highlight of the Tour, or maybe he was joking?

that was the only downer alright but that moment is probably what sticks in his mind, good or bad. Really enjoyed it though, I thought it was brilliantly shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Great movie, thrills & spills galore.
    I think non-cyclists would enjoy it too, its got enough excitement running through it, might even convert a few to the sport.:)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fixieboy

Film itself was fantastic - and well done to the creator who, with very little cash, has put together an excellent primer on the TDF.

Interview after the film was really awkward. Cav was too nervous to express himself properly and ended up getting away with some outrageous statements as a result. Cycling is clean now? Say what Mark? Would have liked to have heard Rolf (self-confessed EPO user) and Brian's opinion on that one....

Also, picking Bjarne Riis and 1996 as their best memory from the tour was disturbing to say the least. Again, not a word from Phil - lads, was 1996 not one of the most drug-filled Tours in history? Hasn't Riis himself admitted he was on EPO during that Tour?

It's worrying that people with mindsets like that are still involved in professional cycling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

No one talking during the movie.
    No incessant sweet wrapper torture.
    No teenage giggles, OMG's or "like"s"

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

Apart from feeling like the fattest bloke in the cinema that was a great night!
    Thought the way the film was put together was very professional.
    It's a damn shame the tour of Ireland was cancelled this year as there could've been an opportunity to bring some money into the tourism and entertainment industry with some inventive thinking with something like this being filmed!?!
    It really brought home the amount of pain these guys suffer during the 3 weeks & how it's possible to push beyond the pain barrier.
    Nearly made me want to go straight out on the bike after to burn off the popcorn & chocolate!!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fixieboy

Planet X wrote: »

Amen sir! Cyclists, you are a most pleasant bunch to cinema with!

I think it was a good decision to avoid doping talk. It wasn't that sort of documentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

The lovely Mrs. Vélo enjoyed it but she still doesn't want a bike:(

On the way down I passed some cyclists and thought 'I wonder will anyone show up in cycle related clothing!'
    Alas the only person to show up in any cycle related clothing was Tom. Even if it was just a cotton cap he wins that honour.
    Really enjoyed the movie.
    I was just dissappointed not to hear Jens say 'Shut up legs'. He is a funny guy.
    The whole Captain America not getting yellow....
    Indeed a very interesting tale. He seemed to blame Lance....was he pissed that Lance didnt do enough to stop garmin after all Lance seemed to be 'ahem' in the right place at the right time on the famous crosswind stage. Maybe Garmin were pissed at that and wanted to stop HTC from gaining almost complete control of the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

But there were still g0bsh1tes behind kicking the back of your seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

What a disaster the Mrs now fancies Bernie Eisel. Last time I bring her to the cinema.Also I wonder do Prince Harry's friends call him Mark Renshaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

I really enjoyed the movie last night, but couldn't stay round for the chat afterwards. Can someone fill me in on the gist of it? Thanks in advance.

I really hate time trialling, but boy, did it look exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Worth seeing, even though I'd certainly have a few issues with it.

Columbia wouldn't be the team I'd want to follow through the tour (they only try to win the boring stages) and without a real GC contender the race as a whole didn't come across. If they'd given some more time to Tony Martin Panzerwagen it might have worked better but he was glossed over for the Cav show (with a bit of Big George pathos in there too).

There are a few laughs in there and some of the photography is great.

Too much timpani and strings stuff - the tour is epic, we get it.

Jens continues to be awesome.

I give it 27 thumbs up out of 39.

Thought it was a nice touch to do an interview with the oldest living tour rider. 1937 ,was it, he road his first tour. Went and did his duty in the war. Got caught,escaped 3 times then when all that messsing was over he went and rode the tour another few times. And thats when tour stages were days long....not hours.
    Now that qualifies as being a tough bastard in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Thing that really shone through for me was the speed - You just dont get that on TV.

The scenes with the team time trial in Montpellier, with the narrow roads, crashes, guys blowing all over the place was brilliant - Really showed the pressure these guys ride under and the skills they have to ride at such close quarters.

Nice to hear Cav think's Ricco is a tosser, Thor is 'incredible' (tounge in cheek obiously) and he fancies riding Roubaix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

I thought it was beautifully shot, and kept a great tempo throughout. It really got you in amongst the riders and the crowd.

Only corny thing was the black and white 'French kid on the bike' at the start and end.

I would have preferred a bit more on how they prepare pre-race i.e. the week or two beforehand, be it cutting down/putting on weight or equipment selection etc.

I was also disappointed (and I hope I'm right - don't think I dozed off!) that there was nothing shown or said re Prince Harry's headbutt on Julian Deane and Renshaw's subsequent disqualification.

Can't say i'd buy the DVD but I'd head over to the lads' house to give it a second look if they bought it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

ChainWhip wrote: »
    I was also disappointed (and I hope I'm right - don't think I dozed off!) that there was nothing shown or said re Prince Harry's headbutt on Julian Deane and Renshaw's subsequent disqualification.

That was the 2010 Tour - the movie was about 2009.

Great movie - enjoyed it a lot. I really liked his own two (Road to Athens, 24 Solo) and this lived up to what I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

ChainWhip wrote: »

That was this years TDF, the film was about the 2009 TDF.

Sorry just noticed that this point was made already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The Pharmstrong fanbo sh!t from Phil was a little OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Did anyone else notice that both Sherwan and Ligget were wearing lilac?

Raam wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that both Sherwan and Ligget were wearing lilac?

You were sitting waaaay to close to the screen

Second row. I'm still trying to get my eyes out from the back of my head.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Second row. I'm still trying to get my eyes out from the back of my head.

You were in the boardsie row.I was right behind ya but down in the last seat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Plastik wrote: »
    But there were still g0bsh1tes behind kicking the back of your seat.

:D:D.
    True. A guy was tapping my seat before the show started. I threw a couple of cursory glances around...............
    Was it you then?
    :)

I was kicking Lumen's chair for a while.

thought lumen was behind you...

bcmf wrote: »
    thought lumen was behind you...

Lumen is Omnisitient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

:D:D.
    True. A guy was tapping my seat before the show started. I threw a couple of cursory glances around...............
    Was it you then?
    :)

No, I was a victim of a tapper also :mad: Annoys the she-ite out of me. Luckily it wasn't throughout the whole show, only from about halfway through the Q&A!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭buffalo

cormpat wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the movie last night, but couldn't stay round for the chat afterwards. Can someone fill me in on the gist of it? Thanks in advance.

I really hate time trialling, but boy, did it look exciting!

BBC has some of it at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/9119429.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

so is the film now available to view in the cinemas, or was it just a one off showing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

so is the film now available to view in the cinemas, or was it just a one off showing?

I was under the impression that it was just a one off thing due to the conference thingy afterwards... I didnt get to the cinema the other night to see it, but I'd love to see it on the big screen in hi-def... The afterbit thing I could leave out... but I saw some trailers online and it looked excellent. So I'll be keeping an eye out for more screenings of the main feature but I'm not holding my breath. I know its gonna be out on DVD soon (I think Dec) and I'll more than likely make a purchase... Still gutted I missed the cinema version tho after hearing so much about it since Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

tunney wrote: »
    The Pharmstrong fanbo sh!t from Phil was a little OTT.

I was in the States during the TdF this year. Ligget and Sherwin were anchoring the coverage on Versus. It was a very disappointing display from two European commentators I had a lot of respect for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

100Suns wrote: »
    I was in the States during the TdF this year. Ligget and Sherwin were anchoring the coverage on Versus. It was a very disappointing display from two European commentators I had a lot of respect for.

To be fair they do tailor their commentating to suit their audience - i.e. yanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 karl116

It out on DVD already. I got mine a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

karl116 wrote: »
    It out on DVD already. I got mine a month ago.

Really? Did you get it in the US? or in Europe? I enquired about it myself and was told that it wouldn't be available in Europe until they completed the screenings here. I know its available in the US already as they're finished the cinema sessions over there already. So from what I was told only Region 1 DVDs were available at the min.

http://www.grippedstore.com/ i got it from here and it works fine

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

karl116 wrote: »
    http://www.grippedstore.com/ i got it from here and it works fine

but
    Due to UK Screening Tour, DVDs will NOT ship to UK or Ireland until December 2nd. We are sorry for the inconvenience

• Advertisement

Sorry bout that I must have got mine before they stopped sending them. It was over a month ago I got it so I was lucky

Advertisement