Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 Dream Line up

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Ok guys just under a year away its nearly here :D :rolleyes: Who do you want to see at oxegen 2011?

I'd love to see David Guetta return, the Coronas, Kings of Leon and Arctic Monkeys. Perhaps the Beastie Boys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i would love to see beady eye at it if their new albums out in time then kasabian absolutely fantastic at 2010 love to see them headline friday night and daft punk, deadmau5,gorillaz and the stone roses :D ( one can still dream).

more then likely kings of leon will headline again :( would love to see arctic monkeys and also the streets and maybe the stokes or foo fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I'll only be 17 when this is on. But I'll be 18 a few weeks after like :cool:
    Will I get asked for ID :confused: I do look kinda young :o
    Will my drink be taken off me :eek::mad:
    Can't wait :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Yes
    Yes
    Enjoy the **** weather

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

oxegen staff dont give it crap what age u are. had 2 day tickets this year and went in no bodr being 2 weeks from my 17.your drink will only be taken from ya if its in glass containers.

personally would love to see more dance acts..calvin harris,pendulum, chase and status, noisia and the prodigy, but the chance are slim. the chemical brothers maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭klose

Love to see the chilli peppers arctic monekys and muse (again) on the band side of things

On the rap/hip hop side of things i dont think well ever see jay-z or eminem there anytime in the forseeable future but id like to see drake.

On the dance side of things fatboy slim again, deadmau5 on the vodafone stage about 12 till 2, daft punk would be pretty awesome too. Tiesto if available would be deadly too, main stage please!

Others-republic of loose, plan b (avec beatboxing guy like this year) :) joshua raiden too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

You will get asked for id at the bars. although it says you have to be 17 to go to oxegen they don't ask you to be signed in if your maybe 13+. They won't take drink off of you (that is if you manage to get it into the arena at all, they were really strict this year, metal detectors one day and everything).

It's going to be totally fantastic, hopefully the kings of leon don't play and beastie boys do.

Realistically i'm gonna say radiohead could be headlining, artic monkeys could be, the red hot chili peppers could be although there dreadful live the last couple of years, maybe coldplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

i know its only a rumor/hear say/bullsh1t etc
    but a few mates in Naas tell me that mcd are going to pull the plug on oxegen.
    it didnt sell out last 2 years and its getting more expensive to run it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The Prodigy, The Specials, Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, Acen, Snoop Dogg, Daft Punk, Leftfield, Dr Dre, Underworld, Carl Cox, Orbital, Roots Manuva, Mark Kavanagh, Gorillaz etc

Anyone know what dates its on?

July 8th to 11th. Usually the 2nd weekend of July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭d10carter

have it down on my ipod for starting on the 7th(I found the thursday the best day for the banter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Dream line up:
    Elvis
    The Beatles
    Jimmy Hendrix
    Rory Gallagher
    U2
    The Stone Roses
    Bob Marley
    And possibly Queen just to wrap the weekend up.
    I think it would be unlikely however as Oxegen really wouldnt suit those acts.

penexpers wrote: »

Worst news ever :mad::mad::mad:

Why? They would host it elsewhere.

where tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

d10carter wrote: »
    where tho?

Based on my dream lineup probably Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Im sure fairyhouse and meath county council would happily take the money!

hopefully all this effort to cut costs works and the price doesn't rise. It would be an excellent advantage if the festival was actually considerably cheaper than electric picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What is it about Oxegen and all the people who go just being shy of their birthday, and legal age, what is it about the Summer....or rather the Autumn, for conceiving children lol

• Advertisement

The cost aint that bad really..pretty much the same as Glastonbury or T in The park.

But i'd absolutely love if the location was a bit more not-in-the-middle-of-nowhere ish. i mean the whole thing of going to sallins on the train and getting 2 shuttles to get to the festival is a bit of a pain for me. but wont complain if its on in naas this year again. as long as its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Wouldn't surprise me if they took a fallow year, rebuild interest for 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

df1985 wrote: »
    Im sure fairyhouse and meath county council would happily take the money!

Wasn't Witnness originally at Fairyhouse? As far as I can remember it was moved to Punchestown so the capacity could be increased so I doubt it would move back there. I think a change of venue could be a good idea though, might help freshen things up a bit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think that would be a great idea. Come backin in 2012 with a proper line up , cheaper tickets.

I could see the meetings with MCD/Punchestown ending in both parties reducing prices in different areas. Also for artists its handy to get to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

What is it about Oxegen and all the people who go just being shy of their birthday, and legal age, what is it about the Summer....or rather the Autumn, for conceiving children lol

I read somewhere that the reason there's so many people born in september is because their parents were ******* over the christmas....

On topic...i'd totally love either green day or blink to have a slot :)

wow imagine blink at oxegen :D not gonna happen though i'd say but who knows. its weird blink broke up such a long time ago and it doesn't seem that long, like they broke up the year witness changed to oxegen. now they back together haa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

That won't happen. MCD won't want to miss their chance at making a few euro for one year...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well if you go on ticketmaster usually Oxegen tickets are on sale by now

lets wait till xmas

• Advertisement

The early birds go on sale december. I'm sure there will be oxegen next year as there was the whole fancy dress friday thing were you won tickets to oxegen 2011. And people did win them.

I think oxegen will be in punchestown this year as it would have been booked, along with the headliners, earlier this summer.

But oxegen may indeed move 2012 i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement