Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU connectors to PCIe Graphics

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Looking at the Antec EarthWatts 650 PSU and an MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC for a new build but I think there may be a problem. According to the Antec specs there is a single PCIe 6+2 connector but the image below from this review shows what appears to be two PCIe 6 pin sockets.
    msi_n460gtx_power.jpg
    In short, will the Antec Earthwatts 650 be sufficient with a 6+2 pin connector?

If not, are there any other good equivalent PSUs in the same price range anyone could recommend? It's particularly annoying as Antec are meant to be reliable.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

According to Techaddicts "multi-gpu is limited to cards that require only one pci-e power connector". It looks like a no-no yes, after reading the post below, to me. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The link you posted says that the Antec has 1x 6+2 Pin and 1x 6 Pin PCI Express Power Connectors as I would expect for any decent 650W PSU, so it will be just fine
    According to Techaddicts "multi-gpu is limited to cards that require only one pci-e power connector". It looks like a no-no to me.

What they mean there is that because there are only two pcie connectors on the PSU, in SLI/Crossfire each individual card can only have one pci-e power connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Took it up wrong, there. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Took it up wrong, there.
    Heh heh heh...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 whatahw

Ye've solved my query. Again, thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement