Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There would be nothing horrible enough..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

scum of the earth :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

If I got hold of the sick F**KERS that did this I honestly don't know what I would be capable of doing to them, they should be put through the same pain as the dog. Nothing gets to me more than seeing or hearing this type of abuse being inflicted on a defenceless animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

A similar act of torture was performed on a poor swan in the Stardust Memorial Park this time two years ago, I'll never forget the pictures of the poor creature with his mouth hanging off and the idea of him suffering for that whole night before he was rescued.

I sincerely hope the people who did this accidentally blow off their own arms with the next firework they light and spend the rest of their lives unable to wipe their own @rses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For the sweet love of Jesus thats just beyond comprehension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

kleefarr wrote: »
    for the bar*tards that did this...

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/ireland/gardai-hunt-youths-who-detonate-firework-in-dogs-mouth-473900.html

I'd like to stick one in their mouth and see if they like it. :mad:

(Sorry if already posted, did search but didn't find anything.)

Hopefully somebody will catch up with these people and stick one in their mouth.

Hopefully the dogs owner!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Quandary

things like this come up on boards from time to time - It is absolutely horrific. Its hard to imagine even the lowest of the low doing something like this but unfortunately some people are just naturally innately bad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Never post in this section, but this story has made my blood boil. Are people really that bored they need do this?

Nothing can make up for what that dog went through. Even if the little feckers are caught chances are they will get off scot free :(

RIP Doggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

I felt physically sick when I heard this. I hope this scum die a horrible lingering death. I could only think of our own little dog when I heard this. I would do serious time for the beating I'd give these fvckers if I got hold of them

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

imagine what they'll do when they grow up?!? :eek:

start off torturing animals and then move onto humans, sick evil little f*ckers. :mad:

I know I'm going off on one now but wheres the parents? I wasn't allowed leave the dinner table without permission growing up and these scumbags are let roam the streets.
    where did they get the fireworks?
    wheres the poor little dogs owners? potentially abandoned too...

and decent Finglas residents don't be mad at me I'm still venting, but lately it seems that Finglas is the place for torturing poor animals.. knocking horses down with cars etc

whatever happened to community pride, neighbourhood watch etc?
    Find these scumbags & name & shame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

The better part of me wants to hope it was done out of ignorance,
    Maybe they thought the firework would just scare the dog, maybe they were thick and didnt realise the damage it would do. . .
    But in reality theres just a lot of sick assholes out there.

One of em probably thought of it and the rest went along out of peer pressure or morbid curiosity.

I think the bollix who did the swan was caught, his defence was he just threw the firework and didnt intentionally feed it to him. Not sure of the outcome there if any!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

This kind of act absolutely enrages me, when I heard this coming home from college today a million thoughts ran through my head, mainly ways of showing these obviously evil people the same kind of pain.

Who the **** does something so horrible to an innocent dog? a small dog who cannot understand whats about to happen, probably came up to the little sh!ts out of it's good nature, I really really hope they do die a slow horrible draw out death and then the universe will be almost in balance again.

I wish I could do something about this and join the RSPCA but how could anyone, let alone me who loves animals, see this kind of stuff without either losing their mind or getting assaulted trying to stop it!?

I can't fight but if I saw this happening I don't think I would consider that and just tear into the youths in question, hopefully the blind rage would surely ensure id do some damage!

Please please let them get what they deserve.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056034162

Due to the rules of boards.ie, I cannot say specifically what I would like to do to that scum of the earth. Suffice to say, it would not be pretty, it would be painful and they wouldn't be doing anything like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Theres no doubt about it these "youths" will go on to do this to humans. It is sad all round, Ive worked with kids like this and they have seriously sad stories but oh my god, im crying at the thoughts of the fear and pain that dog must have felt:mad::mad:

Congratulations Celtic Tiger Ireland you were too busy shoveling money into property and banks that you forgot about the children and the animals :( Now look what we are left with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Sub-human vermin.

I don't care that they are 'youths'. Ah they're just kids? Nah they're absolute filth. If i had taken part in such an incident when i was a kid (not that i ever would have, im mad about animals) i would have been slapped senseless by my parents & grounded for a month & rightly so.

I was going to call them animals but animals don't attack other animals in such sadistic ways.

I don't believe in Karma but i hope it exists for these scum.

Poor little dog must have been in terrible pain. But he's at peace now.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm sitting here with my dog giving me the evil eye (he wants to sit on my lap but the laptop is in his way and he's not impressed) and the thought of anyone doing anything like that to him is beyond thinking. I cried on the way home when I heard that story. What's wrong with someone that does that? I'll never understand it. RIP little doggy, I hope he was put out of his misery fast. People know who did this but they won't do anything about it. I'm sure there's nice people in Finglas but things like this are happening far too often there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

baxtids!!:mad::mad: Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same gang that I drove by yesterday who were pointing rockets at cars:mad::mad: A wake up call for me because the pup was in the back and I usually let the window down a touch for him - won't be happening when I'm driving thru scumburbia until after halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

tk123 wrote: »
    baxtids!!:mad::mad: Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same gang that I drove by yesterday who were pointing rockets at cars:mad::mad: A wake up call for me because the pup was in the back and I usually let the window down a touch for him - won't be happening when I'm driving thru scumburbia until after halloween.

Oh God, forgot Halloween is coming up. There'll be a few more stories like this coming up unfortunately, there always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

If these individuals are a reflection of the youth today we are in serious trouble.
    They are a product of the homes they come from and in my humble opinion are devoid of any morals whatsoever.

My thoughts are with the owners of this poor defenceless animal.

Shame on you whoever you are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I hope this spawn of ****e when they are on their next mission, (and they will cause they got away with this act on a poor defenceless animal) are savaged by rothweilers and suffer severe pain as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

sorry folks might not be flavour of the month for this but lets bring back kneecapping into the community

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

sligopark wrote: »
    sorry folks might not be flavour of the month for this but lets bring back kneecapping into the community

Dead right. Actually, :mad:kneecapping would be too good for them. scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm sitting here with my dog giving me the evil eye (he wants to sit on my lap but the laptop is in his way and he's not impressed) and the thought of anyone doing anything like that to him is beyond thinking. I cried on the way home when I heard that story. What's wrong with someone that does that? I'll never understand it. RIP little doggy, I hope he was put out of his misery fast. People know who did this but they won't do anything about it. I'm sure there's nice people in Finglas but things like this are happening far too often there.

It's sickening. People who torture animals are scum. But it's heartening to know that so many others are disgusted too, used to feel i was the only person to get so angry over these stories :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What concerns me is how a whole gang could stand there letting this little toerag do that to the poor dog.

Even if the Garda catch them, all they'll get is a slap on the wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭miseeire

You expect things like this here in UK or USA but it unfortunately shows the depths we have reached when a poor animal is tortured like this.There is no word strong enough to describe what fun or enjoyment those mentally ill youths thought they enjoyed.The only punishment I could think of is castration,without anaesthetic.It might send out a message to others..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Utter scumbags :mad: That poor little dog :(

If that's what they get pleasure out of when they are young I don't like to think what they get pleasure out of when they are adults!

Some ignorant fools will come out and say it's only a dog, get over it - well it's not exactly something I could let go off quickly - to do that to an innocent creature causing no harm, who i hate to say it but was probably stolen from some household who are probably out there searching for it and what's worse is that if they were caught they'd probably walk away grinning with a caution thinking it's a merit badge or something. I'm so mad just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I don't like to think bad of anyone,but have to say they are a nasty piece of work.I find myself agreeing with all your comments and sentiments..I cannot form words strong enough to add comment....I do know the three fold law will jump up abd BITE them when they least expect it.......Rather sooner than later we can only hope......:mad::mad::mad::

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

miseeire wrote: »
    You expect things like this here in UK or USA but it unfortunately shows the depths we have reached when a poor animal is tortured like this.

You can expect it anywhere children are mistreated themselves. Be it active mistreatment or abuse, or a sort of passive neglect, where 20 Johnny Blue and a pint in the pub is more important than spending any time with your children.

There is more and more scientific research going into these cases. It is becoming evident that people who torture animals are actually neurologically wired differently to other people. Their brains are physically different to the rest of us. They have no empathy - and this lack of empathy is what allows them to torture, get enjoyment from the result, but not make a sympathetic connection between the pain they are causing and the animal they are causing pain to.

Empathy is learned - it is learned from childhood. It is built through parents taking the time to set boundaries for their children, and through them loving their children - giving them care, attention, sympathy, hugs, cuddles, rewards. If you're never cuddled and hugged, never cared for, never attended to, and pretty much left to your own feral devices on the street with your mates, you grow up lacking in empathy, and you demonstrate poor impulse control, doing heinous things to innocents.

You start with animals.

And then you move upwards.

That last bit is why more and more time is being spent investigating perpetrators of cruelty to animals.

Everyone - EVERYONE - needs to read this article.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

there was a piece on the RTE animal rescue show a few years ago about a similar injury.

Kids were letting off fire works, they let one and threw it and the dog ran after it and took it in its mouth and it went off. The dog was in an awful state and the look of shock on its face was horrific, it's jaw was just hanging off. The kids who lit the cracker weren't bothered, they were just excited to be on camera.

The man (from DSPCA) was a big man, rugby build, and was in tears for the poor dog, it had to be PTS straight away.

It's just horrific what some people have the potential to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I actually cried yesterday when I heard this. I can't imagine how anyone would ever take pleasure from hurting an animal; let alone us do something this cruel for kicks. Can you imagine watching something like that and hearing the shreiks of pain from the dog and not even be moved by it?

I think what galls me most about this type of behaviour and incident is the silence from the community at large. Someone, (in fact I'd wager, lots of people - young & old) know who did this and yet out of fear, stupidity, ignorance or at worst ambivalence won't "shop" these thugs.

And just to clarify, I'm not having a go at Finglas - I'd say this regardless of where this incident occurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It these sub-humans even attempted something like this with one of mine, I'd go to jail for the things I'd do them (ideally I'd make sure I don't get caught). Absolutely sickening.

Advertisement