Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There would be nothing horrible enough..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 thecapedcanine

Ive just spent the last ten minutes crying like a baby after reading this story. Beggars belief how someone could inflict such pain completely consiously.:(
    I despair for the kids today if they think that this is 'fun'.
    I think I would actually commit a serious crime in retaliation if something like that was done to my dog. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Pudding11

All i can do is hope that some serious form of karma comes along and bites them in the ass. They are lowlife scum of the earth and deserve horrible things to happen to them. God help me if I ever caught anyone doing that to an animal, I dont think I could restrain myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

oh god theres a picture on the DSPCA website,dont look at it if your sensitive,im in bits again (didnt mean to see the pic, a friend posted the link:()

seriously what can be done if they are caught,does anybody know? Legally i mean,ive thought of many,many not leagal things that could be done:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Created a similar thread on News & Media - did not know this was here.

Hoping that a wider audience may see it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I won't sleep well tonight after viewing that picture :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Talking to a Veterinary friend on facebook this morning, and she told me a horse was beaten to death with baseball bats in the same area last week :mad:

Some people, and communities I fear, are beyond repair.

What makes one person give a dog a banger, or beat a horse to death with a bat, and another will go out of their way to put a spider on a piece of paper and bring it to a place of safety?.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Read the NY Times article on animal cruelty and crime scene investigations linked above - it answers those questions, and more you never even thought to ask. The whole concept is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Talking to a Veterinary friend on facebook this morning, and she told me a horse was beaten to death with baseball bats in the same area last week :mad:

What makes one person give a dog a banger, or beat a horse to death with a bat, and another will go out of their way to put a spider on a piece of paper and bring it to a place of safety?.

Thats a brilliant question, one that I don't have the answer to unfortunately. I don't like spiders, but as you say, I wouldn't kill one, would move it, don't know why, but then maybe they don't know why they carry out the acts of cruelty that they do? I have fostered children for over 12 years and some of them unfortunately would be more than capable of these acts. In fact one of my cats died because of a kicking that a child gave him:( I just hope that having lived in a household full of pets, they may see things differently now, but how many of these kids don't get that chance to empathise and grow to love animals? I am not excusing the kids that did this, absolutely no way but I don't believe that anybody is born bad, we are all a product of our upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Unfortunatley this is very common esp during halloween.

I remember seeing this on the DSPCA show on RTE, and seeign the dogs jaw after it. was horrid alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Unfortunatley this is very common esp during halloween.

I remember seeing this on the DSPCA show on RTE, and seeign the dogs jaw after it. was horrid alright.

is the home the root of the problem, as in a pet dog or cat or any other animal being part of the family from a young age brings respect for animals, as these same children will see that animals have personalities and feel pain and are loving and give more love than they get, parents showing children the way in respecting and understanding these poor creatures before it is too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I reckon if a spider screamed when it was hurt it would a lot harder to kill one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

There is a petition here...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/find-and-prosecute-the-thugs-who-killed-the-dog-in-dublin-with-fireworks/

If anyone would like to sign. Just be aware the photos are very graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

How low, depraved and seriously wrong must a human beibg be to do this to an animal.
    I just try to think what would be going through my head if i was going to try and do this and i cant even get my head around it. The people that did this have serious problems.

The dog must had a terrible death. the people that did this have a terrible life, i dont know which is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RIP 'Angel'.

The link is touching, however it does contain a two graphic images of the dog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

This might come across wrong but talking of such horrendous acts will only spur these sick, demented, twisted youths on. They see public attention like this as a cool "shout out". I don't believe they should die a horrible slow death, people like that should be locked in solitary confinement and fed nothing but liquids for the rest of their miserable days.

As said before, with Halloween just around the corner I'm sure there will be plenty more of these mind bogglingly sick stories.

I live in a bit of a rough area in Dublin 22 and will not be letting my dogs anywhere except the confined complex without my watchful eye, at least until Halloween has passed.

Advertisement