Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with problems with a Lexmark printer

• 16-09-2010 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm hoping you technical types may be able to help me, or if not to point me in the right direction. I have a Lexmark X2450 all in one printer/scanner/copier for a year or so and it always worked fine. But lately when I try to print, although the printer is recognised on the laptop, and the documents are in a queue to be printed, they never do. Someone told me if I reset the spooler it should work and the first time it happened, it did work. But I can't get it to work at all now and I'm just after coming off a tech support chat with a Lexmark employee who seemed to know less about printers than me, so I'm really annoyed at the moment :mad: I have some documents I could do with printing by the end of the day and I don't want to have to go and find somewhere else to print them.
    Can anyone help? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software for the printer already ad it didn't help :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Sometimes when you uninstall a Lexmark Printer some files and settings are left behind. When you reinstall the printing problem continues.

Lexmark used to provide a clean up utility to completely remove the printer driver.
    Unfortunately their link no longer works.

If you are willing to take a chance I can provide a link to the file which I downloaded from Lexmark last July.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10389398/CleanupUtility.exe

The procedure is:
    Plug out the usb cable. Uninstall the printer in the usual way.
    Then run the cleanupUtility.
    Now reboot the computer and reinstall the driver software.
    This might work but there are no guarantees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Dulchie wrote: »
    If you are willing to take a chance I can provide a link to the file which I downloaded from Lexmark last July.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10389398/CleanupUtility.exe
    I think I'll give that a try tomorrow. Cheers, I hope it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

That file worked perfectly! The printer is printing away here, thank you so much!!! :D

Advertisement