Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whitechurch avenue, rathfarnham

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

was looking at possibly buying a house in whitechurch avenue in rathfarnham.
    whats this area like?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You'd be better asking this in Dublin County South forum, but in general Whitechurch is a rough area.

There's a reason the houses are so cheap for Rathfarnham. I looked at buying there a few years ago and took a drive around the estate. Pulled over to make a call and within about three minutes had a gang of young gougers at my window asking random questions, I haven't been back since...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I live about 10 minutes away from there and I agree. The Whitechurch Estate has had a bit of a "reputation" for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Close friend of mine lives there, been around to his place a number of times.

Witnessed a masked man firing a handgun into the front door of a neighbour's house one night, as well as the usual roaming gangs of shifty looking teenagers with their tracksuit bottoms tucked into their socks.

Avoid, ESPECIALLY if you're purchasing rather than renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ria5000

i live in rathfarnham. theres a lot of very decent people living there but its a kip. lots of anti social behaviour and drugs. avoid buying

Advertisement