Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sysadmin Position Available

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

We're looking for a sysadmin at the moment that can be pretty flexible with technologies.

We are looking for a quick learner, here are a list of the technologies you will be responsible for:

Large Windows Infrastructire distributed across 3 offices and one datacentre.
    HP SAN Environment Eva 4100/4400's
    Microsoft Exchange
    MDaemon
    Linux - Ubuntu, Fedora
    VOIP - Asterisk, Polycom, Quintum, Nortel systems
    IIS Web Farms
    SQL Server
    Antispam - Custom open source solution
    OpenX - Advertising platform (uses mySQL)
    Installation and Maintenance of switches and patch panels
    Support desktop users on Windows XP and Windows 7
    VMware - ESX

Anyone interested please PM me and I can provide more details.

Thanks,

Mods: I could have posted elsewhere but I feel this location is most suitable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I want to add to this - we are NOT looking for someone that can tell us where button "X" is under menu "y" to achieve feature "z" - we need a logical thinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Where are your offices located?
    What sort of minimum experience are you looking for?
    What would the approximate salary be?
    Also will this be a 24 hour on call sort of role or will it be worked in shifts?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Raekwon wrote: »
    Where are your offices located?
    What sort of minimum experience are you looking for?
    What would the approximate salary be?
    Also will this be a 24 hour on call sort of role or will it be worked in shifts?

Cheers

Hi,

Just to answer the above -

Dublin 2 - One of the best locations in the city - almost on the doorstep of the nearest dart line.
    MCSA/E level - demonstration of ability is more important.
    This is not shift work 8.30 - 5.30.

Salaries are based on experience but I can tell you it is the market standard.

If anyone else has any questions please PM me - I can then provide an email address should you wish to apply.

This job will be going live online I just wanted to give people here a heads up.

Advertisement