Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Priceplans!

Options
  • 16-09-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭

Can't believe what I saw today. I was stopped at the traffic lights outside an O2 store with a large advertisement for one of their contract plans:

350 minutes, 150 texts and 2GB internet allowance all for JUST €60 per month!

I had to laugh. Last week I signed up to 3, which gives me exactly the same package for €30 per month! And it's a rolling 30 day contract! I can opt out with 30 days notice!

How on earth can O2 justify that price? I'm glad I got away from them when I did. That is a complete rip off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

02 prices are a rip of here compared to their uk prices imo..
    + when i was with 3 it wasnt that great so maybe thats why its cheaper lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Copied and pasted this from another thread I previously posted on (for fear of being accused of being a broken record lol)

As an O2 Customer care rep, maybe you could shed some light on the reason O2 have basically gone to the dogs recently on your price plans?

Brief example, O2 release:
    Unlimited calls and texts to irish mobiles (any network) and landlines
    Unlimited texts to all Irish mobiles

Conditions, MUST be registered for business? Roaming is extra in the north and the uk, and calks to UK carrier mobile companies are extra

€119 + vat, = €143.99

Three Irelands plan :
    Unlimited calls to irish mobiles and landlines
    Unlimited texts to Irish landlines
    Free roaming in any country in the world with a three network to make our receive calls
    10,000 flexi mins to call uk mobiles for FREE
    2G of internet access
    This is an offer open to anyone (not just business users)
    €95 a month (inc vat)

I was on your release plan for 3 years or so, and despite O2 being the largest operator in Ireland, they basically made no effort to match ot better threes offer, and so reluctantly I took my business elsewhere?

Been with 3 now over a month and have had ZERO problems and my bill reduced by more than 50 percent each month!

Advertisement