Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

desire crashing

• 16-09-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hello every body
    the desire keeps crashing when using the internet for rte player or other players, and then reboots over and over, so yesterday i moved from auraxtsence to leedroid thinking was the rom but with leedroid crashes the same way.

any help on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

This has been happening me on and off for the last couple of months. It started off happening once a week or so, until last week when it was happening 3 or 4 times a day. I called HTC and they said I will need to send it to their repair centre in Milton Keynes (at my own expense!).

From what I read, it is a fairly common problem and they resolve the issue by replacing the motherboard.
    Here is just one of the many threads around.

I should hear something back from them this week, they said it will take 'at least' 5 days ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm using the stock 2.2 ROM (i think) and mine has rebooted all on it's own about three times in the last three weeks. Nothing too major. Never been too annoying for me. Gonna keep an eye on this thread. Dont suppose you'd update if anything changes for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

brian_rbk wrote: »
    This has been happening me on and off for the last couple of months. It started off happening once a week or so, until last week when it was happening 3 or 4 times a day. I called HTC and they said I will need to send it to their repair centre in Milton Keynes (at my own expense!).

From what I read, it is a fairly common problem and they resolve the issue by replacing the motherboard.
    Here is just one of the many threads around.

I should hear something back from them this week, they said it will take 'at least' 5 days ...

Happened to me as well. I sent it off about 4 weeks ago and they said last week it should be back this week sometime. I sent it by registered post so I know it was at least a week after they got it that they even looked at it for the first time. I think it was closer to two weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

This seems to be a common problem, I've read it will need a new motherboard. :(

You do need to chase them though, mine (different repair) would only move along the process when chased up. It sat for almost a week after repair before being picked up by their courier.

01 696 8474

they are telling me there is a 15 day turnaround on repairs .. i'll will post any updates here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

i found that my phone only reboots if im on 3G whil viewing rte player or other players like that. works perfect if it is on wifi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Anyone who has had to send back their phone for repair, did they let you know when it was dispatched back? Or did the courier just contact you when it arrived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Anyone who has had to send back their phone for repair, did they let you know when it was dispatched back? Or did the courier just contact you when it arrived?

Chase them, they'll give you a DHL tracking number. Mine sat for a week before the courier picked it up.

HTC should have given you a ticket number, along with your serial number. You should be able to track the repair HERE. The repair tracking link on their website didn't seem to work for me.

Advertisement