Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a dressmaker in mayo, any recommendations?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

hi there

i need someone who can make something from scratch, and not necessarily from a pattern. i thought i saw a thread here at some stage recommending a dressmaker somewhere near foxford but i can't seem to find it now.

if anyone has dealt with them i'd really appreciate if you could pass on their details via pm, or recommend me someone near ballina.

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

There is a dressmakers in Claremorris. It's on Mount Street, just up from the Garda Station as you're heading towards town. I think it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

thanks for that alan4cult, but claremorris is just too far for me. i'll keep it in mind though.

anyone know of the dressmaker in foxford? all the old threads seem to have disappeared from the mayo forum??

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The search function is your friend: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055587405&highlight=dressmaker

I suspect the person you're looking for is on the left-hand side after Coolcronan as you head from Ballina to Foxford - on the bend at the start of the short straight stretch just before the long straight into Foxford (if that makes any sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

cheers, that was the thread i remembered, but nothing came up when i searched for it. i only see 5 pages of threads in this forum, the last one dating from only july this year? :confused:

anyhoo, i went to foxford today, your directions were absolutely spot on. trouble is, unfortunately that lady Lesley Ann passed away a number of years ago.

i went back to ballina, asked in o'malley's and got the number of a woman in ballina town, and she's great, really good at what she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maevecafferkey

Hi, do you still have a number or any contact details for that dress maker? What kind of dresses does she makes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement