Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy days in Cork!!

• 16-09-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,081 ✭✭✭✭

The Abbot's Ale House in Cork has a load of new stock in.
    Some of the notable new arrivals are:

Brewdog Paradox Imperial whiskey barrel aged stout.
    Brewdog Tokyo
    Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin (€60 a bottle:eek:)
    Broklyn Local No. 2
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
    and some others of the Brooklyn range.

Lots of Belgians (Rochefort, Westmalle, Orval, St. Bernardus, Floreffe etc etc)

There are some new German beers in which I'm not familiar with - I got a Der Hirsch Brau, Dopple Hirsch to try.

Looks like the good ole days in the Abbot's, lets hope it lasts!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Lucky Cork people !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The Abbot's Ale House in Cork has a load of new stock in.
    Some of the notable new arrivals are:

Brewdog Paradox Imperial whiskey barrel aged stout.
    Brewdog Tokyo
    Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin (€60 a bottle:eek:)
    Broklyn Local No. 2
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
    and some others of the Brooklyn range.

Lots of Belgians (Rochefort, Westmalle, Orval, St. Bernardus, Floreffe etc etc)

There are some new German beers in which I'm not familiar with - I got a Der Hirsch Brau, Dopple Hirsch to try.

Looks like the good ole days in the Abbot's, lets hope it lasts!!
    I've tried nearly all the Brewdog range, and my tastebuds just don't take to it. Its like there's too much alcohol and not enough flavour. I do like their labelling though, the swipe at watered down mass produced lager and the whole "if you don't like our beer then we don't care" attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭MattKane

Will certainly duke in there for a taster next time I'm in town. Chocolatey Brooklyn sounds great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Not to mention Black Rock Stout on cask...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

grenache wrote: »
    I've tried nearly all the Brewdog range, and my tastebuds just don't take to it. Its like there's too much alcohol and not enough flavour. I do like their labelling though, the swipe at watered down mass produced lager and the whole "if you don't like our beer then we don't care" attitude.

I have to disagree, everything I've had of theirs bar zietgiest I've thought has been great and the stronger ones like Tokyo and to a lesser extent Riptide I've found surprisingly unboozy in taste, just packed full of flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

Speaking of Cork does anybody know when the Oktoberfest is on in the Franciscan Well? I'd like to know when so I can book cheap trains/flights down.

I'll definitely pop into the Abbot's Ale House also, I don't know how many times I've passed this pub on the way into town without knowing it sold special beers:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

noby wrote: »
    Not to mention Black Rock Stout on cask...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭brimur69

Sweet just saw this, going to have to head in there for some St. Bernardus, hopefully they have the St. Bernardus 12! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

BenShermin wrote: »
    Speaking of Cork does anybody know when the Oktoberfest is on in the Franciscan Well? I'd like to know when so I can book cheap trains/flights down.

I'll definitely pop into the Abbot's Ale House also, I don't know how many times I've passed this pub on the way into town without knowing it sold special beers:(.

It is on October Bank holiday weekend, or at least it is that time every year. Definitely a good time to go as it is also Cork Jazz Weekend so the whole city has a good vibe to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement