Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours dog constantly barking

Options
  • 16-09-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Mods - please feel free to move if there is a more suitable forum for this.

I live in a terraced house and the adjoining house to us has a dog that is constantly barking. It's a piercing, yelping noise and it is extremely annoying and stressing.
    It's a small dog but I'm not sure what kind of dog it is as the dog is rarely outside the house and if it is it's only for 10 or 20 seconds as someone enters/leaves the house.
    I've spoken to the people in the house before and eventually the agreed to get a collar for the dog to stop it barking.
    It stopped for a while but now its started again and it's driving us mad.
    I'm extremely frustrated listening to this noise.
    The dog only seems to bark when its on its own in the house from what I can gather.
    Anyway, is there anything I can do about this ?
    Or anyone I can report this to ?

AFAIK the house is owned by the council - if that makes any difference ?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

You should buy an ultrasonic pest controller.They put out an ultrasonic sound which animals do not like.You can get them on ebay cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

John85 wrote: »
    You should buy an ultrasonic pest controller.They put out an ultrasonic sound which animals do not like.You can get them on ebay cheap enough
    I assume you're talking about something called Barkstopper. I looked into them myself a while back and there are some drawbacks to them. Firstly it'd only would only work if the dog is outdoors, which this one isn't. They're also very unreliable and can be completely unaffected by higher pitched barks, or can be set off by cars, planes and other household noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Thanks for the replies.
    I contacted Dublin City Council and they said....
    "Our Noise Pollution Unit do not deal with dog barking complaints".
    So they just choose which types of noise they deal with ??????:mad:
    They suggested I could take a private action in the District Court but I'm afraid that'll cause endless hassle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Record the dog barking and play it back for your neighbours....its sounds like dog is very lonely and bored.

I agree it is a very distressing noise to hear. Barking can be solved and the dogs owners need to be responsible.....their dog is distressed and you are distressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

suziwalsh wrote: »
    I agree it is a very distressing noise to hear. Barking can be solved and the dogs owners need to be responsible.....their dog is distressed and you are distressed.

Thanks Suzi, I'll do that.
    Glad to know someone understands how I'm feeling.
    It's not fair on the dog either, being kept indoors constantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement