Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a first year arts student! Please!

• 16-09-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm doing Joint honours Arts and I need to know if my French Tutorials start tomorrow Fri 17th, I wasn't sure of who to ask but then I remembered my rarely used boards account and thought that maybe some of you guys and gals on this wonderful site could be of assistance... the module code is FR4141 and I'm in tutorial group 3B. People have been saying that tutorials only start on week 3 but I'm unsure... So please help out a poor aul first year, I need to know what time I can go back home to Ennis tomorrow evening, your reward is a great sensation of kindness in your heart! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

Tutorials start in week 3. have heard of some things starting back in week2, but not in humanities courses.

I would be very surprised if you had a tutorial tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

Thanks very much! Everybody is saying week 3 apart from my timetable "weeks 1-11" although I think it says that for other languages such as Spanish and they don't have their tutorials til week 3. I might go tomorrow anyway just to check, but hopefully its week 3 so I can leave UL at 2 and get to Ennis in time for rugby training. Much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

McFry wrote: »
    Thanks very much! Everybody is saying week 3 apart from my timetable "weeks 1-11" although I think it says that for other languages such as Spanish and they don't have their tutorials til week 3. I might go tomorrow anyway just to check, but hopefully its week 3 so I can leave UL at 2 and get to Ennis in time for rugby training. Much appreciated. :)

They all say weeks 1-11 or whatever, but dont actually commence til week 3.

Thank you, it all worked out perfectly and I'm home now. Although everyone seems to agree that finishing at 5 on a Friday evening is a bit ridiculous for a first year as many of us would be going home at weekends... well I'll just have to get used to it from next week onwards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    Tutorials start in week 3. have heard of some things starting back in week2, but not in humanities courses.

I would be very surprised if you had a tutorial tomorrow.

history always starts in week two for me anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sm124

French in 3rd and 4th year starts week 1!look forward to it!!

Thanks for all of the info. It turns out that I did have it last week but nobody noticed that I was missing and I was only too happy to be on my way home at 2 rather than 6...from now on though I'm probably going to miss rugby training...ugh. Damn this concept of time which dictates our lives :(

Advertisement