Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Balbriggan Main St road resurfacing debacle

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

You couldn't make it up.

They're surfacing the main street in the town AGAIN because they didn't use enough pebbles in the mix, so in frosty/wet conditions, the road becomes more treacherous. Naturally, neither FCC/Town Commissioners or the company who actually put the surface down are responsible, so it must have been pixies again, the cheeky scamps. The ideal prank to follow up their classic it-wasn't-Bord-Gais's-fault-they-put-down-the-wrong-size-pipes-the-first-time classic.

They must be at this a couple of years at this stage. If it isn't a microcosm for a lot of what's wrong with this country, I don't know what is. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Its getting beyond a joke at this stage.

Digging up the main street seems to be the main pasttime in Balbriggan.

I suppose this time at least they didn't completely block off access to the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

blastman wrote: »
    You couldn't make it up.

They're surfacing the main street in the town AGAIN because they didn't use enough pebbles in the mix,

in fairness the public will not be financially paying for this again if this is the case.

the road contractor will be paying for this as there is strict criteria and standards that need to be followed.

fingal can easily prove that there is not sufficient traction on the road due to the lack of "pebble" and sue the contractor for replacement.

fingal perhaps dropped the ball by not checking if it was the right material. but if all quality systems were followed fingal wont have to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

pithater1 wrote: »
    Its getting beyond a joke at this stage.

Digging up the main street seems to be the main pasttime in Balbriggan.

I suppose this time at least they didn't completely block off access to the train station.

im not mad about them having to dig it up AGAIN
    but that crowd on hamlet lane take the prize,they have dug up and resurfaced the main st twice in 2 weeks while the the hamlet lane gang have been their a month now and in that time all they seem to have done is put out cones in fairness lots of cones ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Hamlet Lane has cones and now traffic lights. Hoping it doesn't take them too long to put in the footpath and resurface the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Martron wrote: »
    in fairness the public will not be financially paying for this again if this is the case.

To be honest, it's not even the financial aspect that annoys me most about it, it's the sheer bloody incompetence/arm-chancing/time-wasting/ inconvenience-causing/hand-washing of it (I was going to say delete as appropriate, but they're all appropriate!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

thats why i said finacially.

i dont live in balbriggan but pass often through it and i can understand how frustrating it is.

Advertisement