Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer song writer beginnings

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Are there any successful/semi successful singer-songwriters about, and how do you get into it?

I am personally from Galway and have a few songs written which I would like to get some audience reaction to, but I have no idea how to break into it.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As far as I remember there are a few open mic nights in Galway. Try Róisín Dubh or The Cellar Bar, there may be others.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Doomeus

cellar has open mic on wednesdays and an pucan near the bus station has one some other day

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

Excellent, cheers.

The internet repeatedly gave me the cellar but I wasn't sure if it was still running....guess I have my answer now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 F5MWG

Make sure you Copyright your stuff before you do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭niall1976

I found this site really useful when I was thinking about getting into it.

http://songwriter.co.uk

There is a lot of info about the industry , how to get started, copywriting and a song assesment service.

Cheers,
    Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭AnonymousPrime

niall1976 wrote: »
    I found this site really useful...
    F5MWG wrote: »
    Make sure you Copyright your...

Excellent guys, cheers

Advertisement