Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herberton Apartments

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hey, I'm going into my first year in DIT and currently looking for accomodation.

I'm wondering if Herberton Apartments are any good? I've viewed it today and it seems nice but I've heard nothing but bad things about the fact that it's situated in Rialto.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Hey, I'm going into my first year in DIT and currently looking for accomodation.

I'm wondering if Herberton Apartments are any good? I've viewed it today and it seems nice but I've heard nothing but bad things about the fact that it's situated in Rialto.

Cheers :)

Hey there...

What campus are ya going to be based on? Tbh, I don't think the Herberton would be the best idea especially for a first year.

I stayed in Rialto a few times and a mate of mine lived there for a year and she couldn't get out of there quick enough!

Be careful hey and the best of luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

candy19 wrote: »
    Hey there...

What campus are ya going to be based on? Tbh, I don't think the Herberton would be the best idea especially for a first year.

I stayed in Rialto a few times and a mate of mine lived there for a year and she couldn't get out of there quick enough!

Be careful hey and the best of luck!:)

Cheers for the reply.
    I'm headin' to Kevins Street!

I'll probably end up with Griffith Halls of Residence. But I've also heard that they're sh!te enough! Are there any decent priced student accomodation in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Accomodation tends to be cheaper along the Luas line or out on the 19a bus route near Drumcondra. You'll get big gaffs packed with students there and more than likely your own room.

Herberton: A friend of mine stayed there in first year and the few times I crashed there it was always dodgy. The apartments themselves are grand but for the price they ask I would not be willing to live in Rialto.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Is Griffith actually that strict on having people staying and noise etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is Griffith actually that strict on having people staying and noise etc?
    I wouldn't know about Griffith to be honest. They have a forum of their own, perhaps your queries would be better dealt with there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 FocusRS

have a look at this place: 365 Collins ave, belfry apts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 FocusRS

have a look at this place: 365 Collins ave, belfry apts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 diana85

Hi everyone,

I am interested in hearing what you know about the area around Herberton, the apartments themselves especially if you live in Block A?

Any feedback much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Diana :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Wouldn't waste your time with the herberton apartments. Ya there nice but there are alot of maintenence issues in most of the apartments which will rarely be fixed etc. Way overpriced aswel. Walls are paper thin so getting a good night sleep is far and few between with it being packed with first years.

There have been a few nights where "we" have had problems with local kids.

To be honest I would only reccommend the herberton as a last resort.

I moved there in september and moved out last week. Couldn't be happier at the moment since moving out:)

I won't go into more detail but if you have any questions send me a pm

Advertisement