Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tuition fees crisis

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I registered today for first year arts. I paid my registration fees that the college asked for. Today I was told I had to also pay €4070 tuition fees because I was attending UCC before. This is the first time I've heard about it, I'm paying for childcare as well in UCC. They want me to pay half of it in the next two weeks. I thought this was ridiculous that i'm only hearing about it now when starting classes next week. If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

stumblina wrote: »
    I registered today for first year arts. I paid my registration fees that the college asked for. Today I was told I had to also pay €4070 tuition fees because I was attending UCC before. This is the first time I've heard about it, I'm paying for childcare as well in UCC. They want me to pay half of it in the next two weeks. I thought this was ridiculous that i'm only hearing about it now when starting classes next week. If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful. Thank you.

When did you do the first course and what level was it at? Did you drop out of the first course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

I know of a similiar situation of someone who dropped out from a Computers course at an I.T about six years ago and reapplied as a mature student this year, but because he achieved a Level 7 on that course beofre he dropped out, he has to pay tuition fees of €1,495 on top of €1,500 Student Services fee.

There seems to be no way around it and a lot of people have been caught in that situation this year, and expect it to get worse next year when they could raise Student Services fee to €3,000 on its own. Even if a new government gets in, the next will find some other way to screw people up.

Advertisement