Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attack on cyclist - Dublin

• 16-09-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

A shocking story for cyclists to hear:
    On a busy Dublin street at 6pm today I saw a group of young boys aged about 10-15 years old walking on the footpath carrying silver poles like old style car aerials. All of a sudden I saw a commotion on the street behind the group of boys which they were looking back laughing at.
    One of them had thrust the pole into the wheel of a passing cyclist and caused him to be thrown from the bike, sprawled on the footpath.

I immediately ran across the road, passed the group of boys - without looking at them and into the nearby Garda station. Luckily there was a Guard on duty at the desk and with great credit to him, upon the briefest of explanations of the situation from me, he immediately vaulted the desk and we ran out across the road and he apprehended the youth I identified.

I returned to the site of the incident - hoping to see the cyclist still there but he was no longer there. Hopefully he was uninjured and his bike was okay. I managed to recover the bend metal pole the youth had thrust into his wheel.

If anyone knows the injured cyclist, please PM me or tell him to contact 'that' Garda station as the cretin responsible has been identified by the Guards and there is some hope that he might get recompensation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well done you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

corktina wrote: »
    well done you!

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Fair play to you. Where in Dublin did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Fair play o.p pity you were not in the toilets in Connolly the other day :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Good stuff OP

What kind of scumbag does something like that, potentially could have killed that cyclist if he had landed on his head from a flip like that:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

SCUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well done OP.

Thats the danger of cycling in Dublin. When I cycled years ago, I had all sorts of things including stones thrown at me at various times plus abuse hurled in my direction. It didn't happen often but it happened. Its a problem with scum in this country, they can do what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Well done OP as well - we need more people like you out there who proactively do something when they see situations like this. Do these scumbags have so little intelligence that they can't see the potentially serious ramifications of what they think is a bit of fun..they have the same mindset as those gurriers who put the fireworks into that poor dog's mouth in Finglas and who then had to be put down because his jaw got blown off! (reported in today's Metro) Impressed also with the quick action of the guard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well done, nice to see people doing something about things like this. f*ck the scumbags, hope he gets a nice heafy fine and community service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,497 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ye might moderate the language please.

Moved from Commuting & Transport.

Anyone who knows anything, notfiy the relevant garda station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭meercat

good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Fair play OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Well done for not loooking the other way. And well done to the guard too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Maybe the scanger could be sentenced to climb Croagh Patrick like the Donegal scanger mentioned in another thread.

I'm sure they would have much to discuss as they make their way barefoot up the Reek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Good shout bud, really needs the cyclist to come forward to make anything happen, which I'm sure is why you posted this.

And re the barefoot up the reek, that's a non-starter.....

any description of the guy on the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Fair play OP, little funkers should get a hammering. On a side note isn't it funny how most guards we see in situations like that do nothing so were all impressed when one does their job! Fair play to him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Fair play OP, little funkers should get a hammering. On a side note isn't it funny how most guards we see in situations like that do nothing so were all impressed when one does their job! Fair play to him though!
    I find with the guards it goes vy station, some stations can be very good and quick and others dont really care :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 florida051

Good for you if more people did similar we might get more gurriers of the street .The thugs that blew off the poor dogs jaw with fireworks it would be better if a millstone were cast around their necks and dumped to the bottom of the sea .they dont deserve to be here .:mad:

Advertisement