Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Out .. confusion!!

Options
  • 16-09-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I'm nearly 25 and still living at home. Have been seriously thinking about moving out of home now that I have paid off college loans, have a full time job etc. I love my family and have it good at home but I just think it's time to move out and have my own space/independence and all that comes with moving out. I can see my mother's point of styaing home to save for a mortgage but I feel like a leech living at home and I feel like I am not really living my life. I mean I have a decent job with plenty of responsibility, a great car and then I still live at home ... kinda think i need to move .. I just don't know if I am doing the right thing .. am I cutting off my nose to spite my face by moving out when i live in Dublin already or am I too old now to still be at home?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Not really, there are advantages to staying at home but it is good to have your independance too
    You could always try renting for a while, take a 6 month lease somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

There's alot to think of the elle, but personally I think- go for it. spread your wings, learn to fend for yourself. Discover yourself and be your own person. Live up to your own responsibilities and answer to no-one. A time may come when you have your own family and it would be advantageous to have some life experience under your belt. Once relations are good with your parents then if things don't work out you could always move back for a while. Though I bet you won't! Have as mach fun with life as possible!Good luck.

Advertisement