Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prawns

Options
  • 16-09-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,

I am down on the Blackwater in Cork this weekend, and seeming to be having problems trying to get prawns.

I am coming from Dublin heading to Cork city anybody advise where I might get some at this stage.( and not John West).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

There's a decent 'Wet' fish shop in Fermoy which should be able to help - prob best give them a call before:

Moonfish on Newmarket Street, near the library, open Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 6pm and on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

Andip wrote: »
    There's a decent 'Wet' fish shop in Fermoy which should be able to help - prob best give them a call before:

Moonfish on Newmarket Street, near the library, open Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 6pm and on Saturdays from 10am to 4pm.

Thanks Andip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Dont know about live prawns but you can get a big bag of frozen ones in Lidl for a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Rycn wrote: »
    Dont know about live prawns but you can get a big bag of frozen ones in Lidl for a few euro.

I could just imagine it, down the river bank fishing for salmon and a big pack of frozen Lidl prawns beside ya:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Haha ive never fished with prawns or fished for salmon, can you not use frozen ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

You use whole prawns but the are more like shrimps and they are coloured red or purple.
    Maybe you could use frozen, iv never seen it though. Would be a hell of a lot cheaper with the Lidls;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

The frozen ones are no good.

Advertisement