Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

thanks for the link, i'll give a try ... because dont like all this fire-google crappy 'things' :)

just installed... what a improvement in speed !!! i like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

This is a little unusual to uninstall so before the complaints come rolling in, here's how:
    Control Panel>Programs and Features>View Installed Updates

find the IE9 update and you can uninstall from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It won't let me download it?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Here we have IE 9 with two tabs open and would like to view them side by side instead of switching between them.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/29090/use-aero-snap-with-ie-9-tabs-in-windows-7/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It'll never take off. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

chin_grin wrote: »
    It'll never take off. ;)

Not compatible with XP either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Of course, there goes Microsoft again trying to control the Universe, creating software which requires the majority of its users to upgrade their OS. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Of course, there goes Microsoft again trying to control the Universe, creating software which requires the majority of its users to upgrade their OS. :cool:
    Yeah, I'd much prefer if they had to support everything from Windows 1.0 and up.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's an improvement on IE8, but am finding a few sites don't like in much and a fair number have link problems where link clicks don't react to a left click, some issues around built in flv not rendering in correct window size etc. The look is nicer and it's fast and reliable for the first few days at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Hate how the Favourites button is on the right now, and how the tab shows the page is loaded, when there are still images trying to load (and no green loading bar when you turn the "Status" bar on either). :(

Aside from those 2 complaints, I quite like it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

When the beta version is installed, does it over-write version 8?

Biggins wrote: »
    When the beta version is installed, does it over-write version 8?

Yes it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Im just going to bide my time and wait until the first official release. From what I've read, Microsoft seem certain that this is their best IE yet, and reviewers seem to think so too.

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Just another effort to move us all off XP.

Doomed to failure as XP (SP2) was and still is the best OS MS ever produced period.

Only selling feature of windows 7 is 64-bit computing (high end users of CAD, Video editing, Scientific applications) normal home and business users have no productive reason to move. I know as I am now changing hardware (hard drives, PSU wear out) however imaging the old XP OS onto the new hardware.

This is just Microsoft trying to get the stalled Windows 7 bandwagon rolling again and since options from Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc exist it is doomed to failure...

Just another effort to move us all off XP.

Doomed to failure as XP (SP2) was and still is the best OS MS ever produced period.

Only selling feature of windows 7 is 64-bit computing (high end users of CAD, Video editing, Scientific applications) normal home and business users have no productive reason to move. I know as I am now changing hardware (hard drives, PSU wear out) however imaging the old XP OS onto the new hardware.

Yes... why bother moving to a new, modern OS when you can stick with one from the start of the millenium. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

zodac wrote: »
    Yes... why bother moving to a new, modern OS when you can stick with one from the start of the millenium. :rolleyes:

Attitudes like that is what made billions for mobile phone manufactures :rolleyes:

Perfectly good working phones put in the drawer because they're not the latest and greatest.

Same applies to Operating Systems?

XP has proven itself without doubt & for the average user, what can 7 do that XP can't, except for run IE9 that is? and who really wants another IE anyway :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I'm not saying throw out a phone as soon an updated version comes out. The iPhone 3 is just as good as the iPhone 4.

But there is a place for XP; on 10 year old computers. Not a new computer, with new hardware. It's that kind of mentality that is keeping x86 OSs around.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Techie lunatics on the post now

Business does not care about shiny new OS's, only employee productivity and windows 7 has ZERO improvement in fact it costs money to upgrade; new code and processes with no actual gain.

Wake up people and exclude the shinny new gui, the tech in industry is in mid river with the big advancement all past achievements, its a settled industry.

No point trying to sell new advancements that are not game changing....like windows 7 and IE9

A hopeless case..........software never ages....

Advertisement