Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

eagerv wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

According to Google Earth the latest satellite imagery is 2/2/19, which looks about the same as I remember the bridge back then.

It has come on a long way in 3 months..

How do you check satellite imagery dates?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Reuben1210 wrote: »

You would need to use Google Earth Pro for the desktop. Within Google Earth Pro is a Historical Slider feature that let's you pick the date. Warning, the date is not a guarantee, for example if some pictures in a flight didn't work and so an area was re-flown a day or a few weeks later, the total combined flight will all show as one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

You would need to use Google Earth Pro for the desktop. Within Google Earth Pro is a Historical Slider feature that let's you pick the date. Warning, the date is not a guarantee, for example if some pictures in a flight didn't work and so an area was re-flown a day or a few weeks later, the total combined flight will all show as one day.

I think the latest images are newer than early Feb, based on what I can see close to home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Reuben1210 wrote: »

As mentioned already, the imagery date is at bottom of screen when you zoom in with Google Earth Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 04/05/19 (pics fb page)
    f6wLVcM.jpg

ZIurDKw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Reuben1210

eagerv wrote: »
    As mentioned already, the imagery date is at bottom of screen when you zoom in with Google Earth Pro.

Oh right thanks, I just use google maps, so was wondering!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Looking at the newer Google images mentioned above, there's a lot more completed as far as having lines painted than I thought. I really just seems to be the bridge holding it back.

Honestly, I even thought they wouldn't be lining it until closer to opening even if the road is ready.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Interesting to see the laybys on the 2+2 section. Looks like these will be rolled out on new 2+2 schemes.

Anyone with OCD will be annoyed seeing the road bulge around the overbridge pillars. Haven't seen that on a new scheme in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Took this pic on Sunday, from the Wexford side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭josip

Maybe that's the angle the people who think it's out of line have been looking from?

ycoQaOH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Yeah, what's with that? Looks mad out of line? No?

I suspect that once the cables get attached to the ends it'll pull them back up a bit.
    Only natural that they sag without a bit of tension.

Josip, B. Eng.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

josip wrote: »
    I suspect that once the cables get attached to the ends it'll pull them back up a bit.
    Only natural that they sag without a bit of tension.

Josip, B. Eng.

If it's a bit out of line, they can put a little roundabout and a speed bump or two where the glitch is, and nobody will notice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: Can we cut the jokes please.

Posts deleted, including some of mine.

Speaking of speed bumps, will the speed limit on the bridge be 100 or 80?
    In the event of high winds, I assume there'll be reduced limits in place by way of electronic signage etc?
    Would HGVs be detoured via New Ross in that case?

josip wrote: »
    Speaking of speed bumps, will the speed limit on the bridge be 100 or 80?
    In the event of high winds, I assume there'll be reduced limits in place by way of electronic signage etc?
    Would HGVs be detoured via New Ross in that case?

It will be quite exposed.

If a limit of 80 km was imposed (instead of 100 km), it would only add less than a minute to cover the 500 metres of the bridge.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Speed limit on the bridge will be 100km/h.

The bridge and approach from the Glenmore side will be motorway standard so there is a possibility in the future when the Waterford-Glenmore section is built that Kilmeaden-New Ross may become 120km/h

The rose Fitzgerald Kennedy bridge April 19

The rose Fitzgerald Kennedy bridge may 19

A big thanks to insta_mavic for keeping us all updated with he's brilliant drone work

• Advertisement

The rose Fitzgerald Kennedy bridge 12/05/19

Great. It is getting close. What is the ap now?

Well done the photographer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭prunudo

Must be only 4 or 5 moves away from closing the gap. Getting close anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

When the gaps are finally closed , how long before the concrete is fully cured to allow traffic?
    Also how finely balanced is that stand-alone section in the middle?
    for a load of concrete on one end does it need a counter balance on the other end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

mikeymouse wrote: »
    When the gaps are finally closed , how long before the concrete is fully cured to allow traffic?
    Also how finely balanced is that stand-alone section in the middle?
    for a load of concrete on one end does it need a counter balance on the other end?

I would guess thats why the temporary supports are there? They probably allow one side to be heavier than the other during construction and may also help stop and wind induced swing?

Quick pic from Saturday

9q1fJ5x.jpg

The barrow crossing 10/05/19 (pics fb page)
    JwYM0LS.jpg

uXqefc7.jpg

s0psDCl.jpg

wUaMRgm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭riddlinrussell

Looks like the next 'step' for each traveller will get them connected? or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Looks like the next 'step' for each traveller will get them connected? or am I wrong?

I made it min of 4 moves 2 from each side, I only think half of the red part you see on the main part of the deck is the size of the framing underneath.

• Advertisement

Not at my AutoCad machine right now (ahem) so I've resorted to less exact methods.
    It looks like 4 more to go.

Lzjr3Fi.png

Advertisement