Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 13/07/19 (pic fb )
    kXrFwfe.jpg
    The final pour will start Monday and it will all be joined up

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kirbstone

M17's drone? pic taken on 13th July (yesterday) seems to have solved the height disparity issue prior to the last join-up pour. The massive black girders are in place and while the pic. isn't totally detail-clear, they seem to have gotten the two sections into vertical alignment.

The engineers must be breathing a sigh of relief at this stage.

Tom K.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

Gorgeous pictures. It's at times like this I wish there were an Irish Transportation Museum (or just part of the National Museum) dedicated to recording the construction of big infrastructure projects on this island. So many fascinating photos are taken during construction which are impossible to find only a few years later.

Can't wait for this bridge to open.

There are some great photos of the stages in the construction of the Ardnacrusha dam in the viewing rooms there. I spent a lovely day there recently doing the tour. And it's free!

The barrow crossing 14/07/19 (pic fb)
    9cOWYuZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks well now that all the cables are installed..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

The engineers must be breathing a sigh of relief at this stage.

Tom K.

There was never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭CoBo55

rekdtangle wrote: »

There was never an issue.

Exactly.

The barrow crossing 14/07/19 (pic fb)
    60c78R5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Nice to see it progress so much. Its getting close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

Bam guys talking about an opening date of late September now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Munurty wrote: »
    Bam guys talking about an opening date of late September now.

Wow, that would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

What's the thoughts on allowing a walk/cycle across (weather depending)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

They dont let it on the Waterford bypass so they wont allow it on this one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭JohnC.

How about a one-off before it opens? They did that in Waterford and it attracted a huge crowd all day queueing to be bussed out from the Quays. I think they had to turn people away in the end as it was coming to time to open the road. I was on the bridge when they had to start shooing us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭prunudo

m17 wrote: »
    KRUsjL7.jpg

Has the push pull pier that was in previous graphics been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

I'd run all the way from Wicklow, in tight shoes, for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

JohnC. wrote: »
    How about a one-off before it opens? They did that in Waterford and it attracted a huge crowd all day queueing to be bussed out from the Quays. I think they had to turn people away in the end as it was coming to time to open the road. I was on the bridge when they had to start shooing us off.

Yes, I remember that. I headed out too, in the drizzle! The crowd was massive.

The barrow crossing 16/07/19 (pic fb)
    asi0cTy.jpg

Sh5BU8R.jpg
    Another 2 metres and the gap will be closed

The barrow crossing 16/07/19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,893 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is that the last gap with the rebar in the photo or is that the 2nd last gap?

The barrow crossing 17/07/19 (pic n25 on twitter )
    AXAWcZo.jpg

Those two shots with the rebar mesh are great, does anyone know when the last pour will be? This has been some project to follow, I'm nearly sorry it's almost over, I'll miss the exciting updates .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Those two shots with the rebar mesh are great, does anyone know when the last pour will be? This has been some project to follow, I'm nearly sorry it's almost over, I'll miss the exciting updates .

Think a previous poster said it began Monday last

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

This has been some project to follow, I'm nearly sorry it's almost over, I'll miss the exciting updates .

Don't worry, the Listowel bypass is starting early next year. The excitement train rolls on.

marno21 wrote: »
    Don't worry, the Listowel bypass is starting early next year. The excitement train rolls on.

Thanks! Ive been looking at all the other road building threads recently, they are indeed exciting and I'll look out for the Listowel one. This, though, this bridge, completely captivated me. And introduced me to a part of the country I'd only passed through before. Gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

...And introduced me to a part of the country I'd only passed through before. Gorgeous!

The new bridge will help you pass through it faster now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

Can someone explain why the bridge is so high and long? Seems to me they could of made it 1/5th the length and much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

lalababa wrote: »
    Can someone explain why the bridge is so high and long? Seems to me they could of made it 1/5th the length and much lower.

Ships. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

Ships. :P
    Speaking of ships,
    doesn't M17's last pic there look like a 3 mast ship in full sail?
    And is that Slievenamon it's heading towards?

Advertisement