Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Slightly off topic but the new overpass bridge in the centre of this photo is to facilitate the New Ross to Waterford city greenway (The Kilkenny Greenway) project currently under construction. Its a 24km route along the old railway line and heads towards the river, as you can see, where it will have good views of the bridge. It heads back inland and rises towards Slieverue where there will be access from the rear of the Rhu Glenn Hotel car park.

It will terminate on the North Quays in Waterford. Included in the North Quay development plans is the construction of a pedestrian/bicycle bridge across the Suir in Waterford city (opposite the clock tower) to allow this greenway link up to the Waterford to Dungarvan greenway. Planning is underway by Wexford County Council to also convert the disused Rosslare to Waterford line which interacts with this greenway and would allow tourists cycle from Rosslare Harbour, through villages in the south of the county, to Dungarvan virtually entirely off road.

m17 wrote: »
    The barrow crossing 18/01/20 (pics fb)
    evUVPCV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 19/01/20 (pic LinkedIn )
    KHfVRZS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

MichealD wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but the new overpass bridge in the centre of this photo is to facilitate the New Ross to Waterford city greenway (The Kilkenny Greenway) project currently under construction. Its a 24km route along the old railway line and heads towards the river, as you can see, where it will have good views of the bridge. It heads back inland and rises towards Slieverue where there will be access from the rear of the Rhu Glenn Hotel car park.

It will terminate on the North Quays in Waterford. Included in the North Quay development plans is the construction of a pedestrian/bicycle bridge across the Suir in Waterford city (opposite the clock tower) to allow this greenway link up to the Waterford to Dungarvan greenway. Planning is underway by Wexford County Council to also convert the disused Rosslare to Waterford line which interacts with this greenway and would allow tourists cycle from Rosslare Harbour, through villages in the south of the county, to Dungarvan virtually entirely off road.

That explains it....I was wondering why they'd gone to the expense of building a bridge for a railway that hasn't run in 25 years!

The barrow crossing 20/01/20 (pic twitter )
    otHJ7Cr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

m17 wrote: »
    The barrow crossing 20/01/20 (pic twitter )

Somebody was out and about early to get that shot !

The one regret I have about the bridge actually opening is that we will miss M17’s daily posts - this thread is now my first port of call when I log on to Boards to see the latest shot that M17 has unearthed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Hibernicis wrote: »

The one regret I have about the bridge actually opening is that we will miss M17’s daily posts - this thread is now my first port of call when I log on to Boards to see the latest shot that M17 has unearthed.

Did you follow his one man thread on the Tuam bypass? Absolute class, literally from field to tarmac unbelievable work:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Did you follow his one man thread on the Tuam bypass? Absolute class, literally from field to tarmac unbelievable work:D

Absolutely class photography but I get very upset looking at pictures of the M17 as it was kidnapped and built 150km too far north - that exceptional road should be linking Cork to Limerick.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hibernicis wrote: »

+1 thanks for the updates M17.

In terms of someone being up early for the above shot....I’d bet 9:00am give the frost (resent) and current sunrise circa 8:25am :)

The barrow crossing 22/01/20 (pic fb)
    GEyT0tc.jpg

The barrow crossing 21/01/20 (pics twitter )
    RzbVp0X.jpg

wkz3zPm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

Another walk on the Saturday

Following the huge demand from the public to attend the Charity Walk on the N25 New Ross Bypass on Sunday next, 26 January, a second date (Saturday 25 January) has now been added.

full details of the event and the on-line registration process are on Event Brite which opens at 6pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 carlfleming

josip wrote: »
    Another walk on the Saturday

Thank you. I just got a ticket for Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Cheers just got 8 tickets myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

.....and they're gone! Big demand, if they keep going they'll pay for the bridge:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

This bridge could be closed off any Sunday for a charity walk.
    What's wrong with diverting traffic back through New Ross for 4 hours any Sunday afternoon.

Xhams44.jpg
    A 161 hours 15 mins to opening roll on

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Thought it was sold out but just overwhelmed I think! Tried refreshing a few times and eventually got in. This is like getting Springsteen tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone got a link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kirbstone

It seems odd that within 20 minutes of tickets going 'on sale' at 6PM the site had 'Not available' on it, thus shutting most of us out.

Just wondering if one followed the given map, showing up on Saturday, would one be allowed walk, or would one's car be impounded, or something!

Tom K.

• Advertisement

Kirbstone wrote: »
    Just wondering if one followed the given map, showing up on Saturday, would one be allowed walk, or would one's car be impounded, or something!
    Tom K.

From chatting to the marshals about this, the recommended course of action is to let people park and walk across the bridge.
    But not let them walk back :)
    They'll have to go around via Ross to retrieve their car.
    That'll learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kirbstone

It's only a few miles into Ross anyway. I have a handy little foldie-bike that I'll bring just in case.

T.

The barrow crossing 23/01/20
    dmfWw7U.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Molly007

Anyone know if it would be possible to walk the bridge on Monday or Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Molly007 wrote:

I'd imagine security will be Manning the entrances until the official opening

Molly007 wrote: »

Stick on a pair of overalls, steel caps, blue helmet and make a beeline for security as soon as you see them.
    Tell them you're there to fix the teleporter.
    It's been stuck on the bridge for ages.

The barrow crossing 07/06/18
    0pSoqHk.jpg
    18/01/20
    evUVPCV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'd imagine there will be some on-road pictures appearing very soon from today.

The barrow crossing 21/01/20
    kY0ohW6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

JohnC. wrote: »
    I'd imagine there will be some on-road pictures appearing very soon from today.

https://www.facebook.com/waterfordepiclocations/videos/200401847810544/

Advertisement