Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes the scenery is magnificent, especially when the sun came out. A lot of quite steep rises and dips. I think highest elevation is around 300 feet on road.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are bridges "She's"?:confused:

I can just imagine Yes- they are. In her world. I couldn't seem to mute it so had the full commentary, had to fast forward to the bridge as I couldn't listen to anymore. Sounded like it was her first time leaving Wexford ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

road_high wrote: »
    I can just imagine Yes- they are. In her world. I couldn't seem to mute it so had the full commentary, had to fast forward to the bridge as I couldn't listen to anymore. Sounded like it was her first time leaving Wexford ever.

She's from Galway!! Very very hard to listen to her..

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Roughly how much time will it chop off a journey from Gorey to Cork?

30 mins or more during peak times, 15 mins when it's quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

serfboard wrote: »
    Openstreetmap has it already on the detailed level - but not on the wide view level yet.

Here’s a detail of a computed route from Gorey to Waterford using the OSM data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The barrow crossing 30/01/20
    CsUTYqS.jpg
    Thanks everyone for a brilliant forum and safe driving yours m17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Jesus lads lay off the woman in the video ffs. She made a little video and some of ye are being bellends with what ye are saying about her. Lets just enjoy the fact the bypass is finally open as it will make a big difference to those who drive that way everyday. No need for the sh!tty comments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

m17 wrote: »
    CsUTYqS.jpg
    Thanks everyone for a brilliant forum and safe driving yours m17

Not sure I want to join a convoy of HGV trucks, but I will go over the next few days to have a look.

The speed limit has already been reduced on the Wexford road out of New Ross town. 100 to 80. That was quick!

eagerv wrote: »
    The speed limit has already been reduced on the Wexford road out of New Ross town. 100 to 80. That was quick!

The gatso will have a field day. Plenty of cars do more than 100 on it nevermind 80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

They've had all the poles in place for the past week or so

To be fair it should have been reduced years ago. It's a lethal road particularly at the hospital turn off and at all the factories..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭jd

It's done by default when a road is redesignated as a regional. The County Council have the power to change the limit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Just drove N25 (Glenmore roundabout) to N30 and back. It’s a superb surface. So good I’m going to drive it again just to be sure.

Some great scenery along the way. Blackstairs looked incredible and the weather couldn’t be better.

And a lot of traffic on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 makowski

To be fair it should have been reduced years ago. It's a lethal road particularly at the hospital turn off and at all the factories..

As long as i remember, there hasn't been a fatal accident on that stretch of the road in over a few decades. So that isn't fair to say, only your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

makowski wrote: »
    As long as i remember, there hasn't been a fatal accident on that stretch of the road in over a few decades. So that isn't fair to say, only your opinion.

That was a previously upgraded road- plenty of far worse ones around the country that have never been touched. I support the road upgrades fully but by jesus Wexford had cabinet influence the past 9 years and made sure these routes got priority as the sums of money involved were pretty massive considering the pittance spend elsewhere and on other arguably far worse routes!
    The N25 and N11 had seen significant money in structural funds spent (badly) in the late 80s/early 90s and we had to redo them again in recent years- huge sums spent on approaches and non bypass roads through New ross and also Enniscorthy which were very poor value considering they had t be redone so quickly.

makowski wrote: »

Yes it's only my opinion, but it is a place I have met cars head on overtaking coming up the hill at the hospital turn off, when I have been going down the hill. Its a road I use often 10 times a day and I am always cautious on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not sure I want to join a convoy of HGV trucks, but I will go over the next few days to have a look.

Nolan’s always gonna get their snouts in the trough

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

jd wrote: »
    It's done by default when a road is redesignated as a regional. The County Council have the power to change the limit again.

It just takes a long time with a lot of process - Oilgate/Enniscorthy still not put back afaik?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

The ferry service between Cork and Santander in Spain is to be moved to a new route from Rosslare to Bilbao from the end of February.

The main reason cited by the ferry company is the lack of freight demand on the Cork-Santander route, with customers looking for 'better road connections'.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/very-disappointing-cork-to-santander-ferry-route-to-cease-operating/ar-BBZtayG

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0129/1111760-brittany-ferries-cork-port/

I wonder if this would have happened if the Dunkettle freeflow interchange and the M28 were completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Drove this wonderful bridge (twice) earlier today. Coming from Wexford, there’s a real wow-factor as it comes into view, and then a massive slope upwards, followed by quite a bend around to the right. Going back over, it’s cool how you can’t see it until the last minute, when you’re practically on it. Looking forward to doing Waterford-Dublin on this route. With the Enniscorthy bypass, it should be a much easier trip than before.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The ferry service between Cork and Santander in Spain is to be moved to a new route from Rosslare to Bilbao from the end of February.

The main reason cited by the ferry company is the lack of freight demand on the Cork-Santander route, with customers looking for 'better road connections'.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/very-disappointing-cork-to-santander-ferry-route-to-cease-operating/ar-BBZtayG

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0129/1111760-brittany-ferries-cork-port/

I wonder if this would have happened if the Dunkettle freeflow interchange and the M28 were completed?

Nothing to do with the M28 or Dunkettle, the volumes simply weren’t there. It was a 2 year trial run and at the end they decided it wasn’t getting sufficient business.

Dunkettle and the N28 are only jammed during certain hours of the day, and the N25 at Wexford isn’t immune to jams either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

New Ross this evening at 5:20 pm, not a single car to be seen.

(Note: these are not my photos but the owner is unknown so I'm unable to credit them by name)

Drove across it this evening. Seemed to be alot of cars around with plenty of traffic on the approach by the Glenmore side and another good bit on the Wexford side. Most of the cars i came across on the lead up to the bridge were crawling along. Im hoping that is just because it is opening day and people are admiring the bridge. Great to finally use it though. Knocked 10mins off my journey from WF to WEX.

NedNew2 wrote: »
    New Ross this evening at 5:20 pm, not a single car to be seen.

The bypass will either make or kill New Ross. Amazing to see it empty of traffic at that hour though. Long overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

South Street New Ross @ 12pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 md79

Bypass or not Ross is dead as a doornail anyway. Nolans and O'Donnells being the latest longstanding businesses to announce closure this month.

Absolutely depressing, but sure we have a grand big shiny new bridge we can all drive our motor cars across now. Beep beep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

md79 wrote: »
    Bypass or not Ross is dead as a doornail anyway. Nolans and O'Donnells being the latest longstanding businesses to announce closure this month.

Absolutely depressing, but sure we have a grand big shiny new bridge we can all drive our motor cars across now. Beep beep!
    Have you a link regarding Nolan closure as they’re still advertising for various staff.

Advertisement