Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 15th -17th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

You totally should, you should score a few wins too as long as you don't run into one of us early on.
    i have placed top 8 it in all infernos
    give it a rest brian, we know you do well.

Actually I was fighting an Asian guy from London who had some skillz, he was dead sound. Pity he was just over for the con.

all the way from london for a con over here? odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lads top 8 is nothing to brag about, you gotta make top 3 consistently to get da respect :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    give it a rest brian, we know you do well.

Some things aren't about me Farz.

I mean most things are, but not everything :D

all the way from london for a con over here? odd

He was working one of the stalls.
    Bush80 wrote: »
    Lads top 8 is nothing to brag about, you gotta make top 3 consistently to get da respect :pac:

Your day is coming, little mr sneak by on chip damage! :D

He was working one of the stalls.

Your day is coming, little mr sneak by on chip damage! :D

Just creating a bit of hype ;)

Like Justin and Daigo double KO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ahem, Bushs last three tournament results :

Win - Fifth - Fifth

No respect for you!

Orim wrote: »
    Ahem, Bushs last three tournament results :

Win - Fifth - Fifth

No respect for you!

The win cancels out both 5ths

Just creating a bit of hype ;)

Like Justin and Daigo double KO

Except you don't pick Rufus against me anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Sadly I won't be at this. I'll be in TOKYO.
    Jesus I love saying that.

The anime chicks are much hotter there anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

He was working one of the stalls.:D

i know the guy your talking about, he gave me free stuff since i could speak cantonese lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

o/
    Assistant (if even at this rate!) Games Co-ordinator for Eirtakon here keeping an eye on things.
    Vyze wrote: »
    lol

Seriously, that's almost as bad as the time they tried to run a 1v1 tournament for GG Isuka.

Would you like to explain how so? Usually the Sunday morning is a very slow time at the convention, even more so given that stuff is going on in the bar until half 12 the night before, hence why we don't expect that many people there and we can easily schedule it for only an hour and a half.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    I'll enter the SF tourney aswell - unless there's some seriously awesome anime stuff on at the same time. Anime beats SF hands down I'm afraid :p

Well, there are a couple of panels which clash with it, depending on what you're looking for though...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Would you like to explain how so? Usually the Sunday morning is a very slow time at the convention, even more so given that stuff is going on in the bar until half 12 the night before, hence why we don't expect that many people there and we can easily schedule it for only an hour and a half.
    Oh the time scale seems grand, I just thought everyone had dropped CT in favour of CS.

If anyone from up north is heading down, I should have the US version BBCS (on PS3, so no need to worry 'bout region locks) by then that I'd be happy to pass on to them for the weekend to then pass on to you guys and you could run that if you prefer?

Sorry if I came off as snarky in the previous post, I'm just a hella big BB fan and want it to be as best represented as possible by running the latest and more balanced version! Plus you can run with the "play it before it comes out in Europe" angle! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I was was thinking that as well, either that or get fishy fingers...Scooorrre

Oooookaaay lads let's get somewhat back on topic here... this isn't the type of chat I want noobs to be seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Oh the time scale seems grand, I just thought everyone had dropped CT in favour of CS.

If anyone from up north is heading down, I should have the US version BBCS (on PS3, so no need to worry 'bout region locks) by then that I'd be happy to pass on to them for the weekend to then pass on to you guys and you could run that if you prefer?

Sorry if I came off as snarky in the previous post, I'm just a hella big BB fan and want it to be as best represented as possible by running the latest and more balanced version! Plus you can run with the "play it before it comes out in Europe" angle! :)

Vyse has a point, anyone that enter the bb tournement in nom con either already had cs and wanted that to be played, or else it was new people who didn't even know about what blazblue is. So it seems right you put cs as the tourney game, and also the play before it comes out will allow people to try the new characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

chueytoo wrote: »
    Vyse has a point, anyone that enter the bb tournement in nom con either already had cs and wanted that to be played, or else it was new people who didn't even know about what blazblue is. So it seems right you put cs as the tourney game, and also the play before it comes out will allow people to try the new characters.

We're assuming they have PS3s to use. They may only have 360s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

In the interests of getting new people, we should all only play fighting games at the con in full costume, then tell anyone who asks that we're part of the "Irish Fighting Games and Cosplaying Community".

You have to play to your audience.

In the interests of getting new people, we should all only play fighting games at the con in full costume, then tell anyone who asks that we're part of the "Irish Fighting Games and Cosplaying Community".

Time to get into character Retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

You have to play to your audience.

no one wants to see retrogamer in sakura outfit again
    NOT AN INVITATION TO POST THE PICTURE

however it is a ploy to get him posting again, damn quitter

NOT AN INVITATION TO POST THE PICTURE

however it is a ploy to get him posting again, damn quitter

Yeah, I mean he even missed the time New Type said his fighting style was inspired by him!

• Advertisement

Is there a cheaper pre-reg price for one day?

Nah man, we need Chunkis in an R.Mika costume!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Nobody needs Chunkis in an R. Mika costume, nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Orim wrote: »
    Is there a cheaper pre-reg price for one day?

There is no one day pre-reg.

Nobody needs Chunkis in an R. Mika costume, nobody.
    Nymphomanics could use it as therapy to calm down (kill) their sex drive?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

WOO EIRTAKON!

I'll be there, flitting around like a happy bunny all weekend :D I'll enter the SF tourney aswell - unless there's some seriously awesome anime stuff on at the same time. Anime beats SF hands down I'm afraid :p

You damn well better come.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You have ruined R. Mika for me.
    Forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

You damn well better come.

:p

Sure I'm living in Dublin now - no excuses! I actually can't wait though and plan on being there early to late every day WOO.

WOO! There's excitement for ya ;)

:p

Sure I'm living in Dublin now - no excuses! I actually can't wait though and plan on being there early to late every day WOO.

WOO! There's hype for ya ;)

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Wait I thought this was on in Cork?

Advertisement