Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 15th -17th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Oh yar, I probably should have mentioned that this was in DCU in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Now that changes everything, I may go, all depends on what that Mystery Retro Game is, can we have a hint Doom? Or even better, can you tell us what it is?

Anything less than Streets of Rage 2 and Im out.

Im not dressing up.

Someone come really early with me to play Smash Bros Brawl, I reckon I could win it without playing in 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GorySnake wrote: »
    Im not dressing up.

Im going as viewtiful joe

Henshin a go go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sairus wrote: »
    Oh yar, I probably should have mentioned that this was in DCU in Dublin.

Wow, i live in DCU!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

It's in The Helix lads.

Look at all the awesome stuff that's gonna be on :D

Pre-reg now and you can get a weekend ticket for E20!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

all depends on what that Mystery Retro Game is

You'll find out at 4.30pm on Sunday the 17th of October :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TheChrisD wrote: »
    You'll find out at 4.30pm on Sunday the 17th of October :P

Mortal Kombat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Bagsy nathan as my wing man.
    non irish for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm assuming it's single elim given the 2 hour slot alloted

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Now that changes everything, I may go, all depends on what that Mystery Retro Game is, can we have a hint Doom? Or even better, can you tell us what it is?

Anything less than Streets of Rage 2 and Im out.

Im not dressing up.

Someone come really early with me to play Smash Bros Brawl, I reckon I could win it without playing in 2 years

I've no idea, I'm not running it just in communication with them.
    animaX wrote: »
    I'm assuming it's single elim given the 2 hour slot alloted

Yup.

Again, this isn't inferno, it's about getting the noobs. :)

• Advertisement

Again, this isn't inferno, it's about getting the noobs. :)
    So to make things fair, everyone has to play as Hakan.
    Or Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I might come along just to see if I can stop Nathan from beating me in a Smash tournament for once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ah sure in all honesty I'd go to a shop opening.
    The great Mr.Doom at Nom-Con.

Take it you're coming too then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ninja_turtles_costumes.jpg

lets go lads, SUIT UP. great craic to be had

Yeah, I'm there, me and the doomcam too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Anybody here been before and know if they'll have games running for casuals on Friday?

Would help me decide whether or not I should take the day off work to head down early or if there's not going to be anything worth doing I can just go down later on.

Anybody here been before and know if they'll have games running for casuals on Friday?

Would help me decide whether or not I should take the day off work to head down early or if there's not going to be anything worth doing I can just go down later on.

I assume there will be casual play all weekend when tournaments aren't running, that's how these things usually go.

Yar, Eirtakon last year and Nom-con this year both had constant casual play throughout the three days.

Another holiday to be spent then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oooh-kay... We may be running into a little timing and general organisational fiasco here.

That is to say: if people who are coming along for this tournament can bring along their copies of SSF4 for 360, then this tournament can be done on a larger scale than what our current projections are leading us to believe.

• Advertisement

Oooh-kay... We may be running into a little timing and general organisational fiasco here.

That is to say: if people who are coming along for this tournament can bring along their copies of SSF4 for 360, then this tournament can be done on a larger scale than what our current projections are leading us to believe.

That's no problem for me anyway.

I'll bring one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Yay a bunch of pro's coming to suck fun out of an anime con for otaku's... How nice! I'm sure everyone will enjoy that =]

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    Yay a bunch of pro's coming to suck fun out of an anime con for otaku's... How nice! I'm sure everyone will enjoy that =]

You were gonna do it anway :D I don't mind one bit. I don't think anyone is really gonna care if people came to play, just the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you don't like it, get better.

Didn't you complain when you missed the sign up at the last anime convention tournament yet happily took the place of another player?

Suck fun out of an anime con? In my recent experiences with the FG community, they do anything BUT suck the fun out of things. Personally, I think they'll add to the con, anime fans (well, the vast majority) aren't THAT snobby.

Also, no one really cares that much about it... you sound like you're just trying to stop people coming to Eirtakon >_<

And anyway, don't fall into "true fan" syndrome there Xinkai. That never ends well.

You're going for the irony here, right? :pac:

'Cause that would be wild rich from the guy who showed at Nom-con wearing his god-tier char t-shirt playing aformentioned god-tier char. Where there were like 2 other entrants who'd even played the game before, and neither of us could do anything against THE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Not so sure about this, I haven't watched any anime in a long time.

But I still apparently know more about it than say, your hypothetical average person who moderates the anime forum on boards.ie :p

Advertisement