Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 15th -17th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xinkai.

You win BBCT tournaments with DDDDDDDDDD Nu-13.

You're not allowed to complain, ever.

Also, how else do we find the next Cobelcog Hound?? Got to let them know there's a scene out there.
    And that they can get saltier stronger by coming to our tourneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

if anyone gets destroyed and is in a bad mood for the day and pissed I'd say they're mentally unstable anyway and have serious issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Xinkai.

You win BBCT tournaments with DDDDDDDDDD Nu-13.

5DD 4DD 236D lather, rinse, repeat.

Always repeat.

ALWAYS.

But not anymore*:D Soon there won't even be a 5DD. How much of an apology could they give for having such a busted tier character?

See now, I'd be the banger, but I'm too cheap to bother myself to go to a con as of yet*:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

anyone gets destroyed and is in a bad mood for the day and pissed I'd say they're mentally unstable anyway and have serious issues.

I'm clearly "mentally unstable and have serious issues" then. Not just very disappointed when the practice and time I put in shows for nothing when it matters most. No that's not it at all and it's not because I want to achieve more than I have in the past and that another failure causes me to be down about it because I believed I'd finally at least satisfy myself with my own performance. No no It's not that either it's because, I'm "mentally unstable and have serious issues". :rolleyes:

Try again Dr.Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ramza wrote: »

Quaaaallliity.

That is just brilliant:pac:

• Advertisement

No Ry..
    You were right the first time
    Mentally unstable my dear boy.Its ok man.There is help out there.
    Lean on me brother. there is light at the end of the rage tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I've been to the last 3 Eirtakons. I'm bummed about missing it this year :(

Especially since I would get the chance to share my Anime love with my SF friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Ry wrote: »
    I'm clearly "mentally unstable and have serious issues" then. Not just very disappointed when the practice and time I put in shows for nothing when it matters most. No that's not it at all and it's not because I want to achieve more than I have in the past and that another failure causes me to be down about it because I believed I'd finally at least satisfy myself with my own performance. No no It's not that either it's because, I'm "mentally unstable and have serious issues". :rolleyes:

Try again Dr.Phil.
    video games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Thread of the year.
    I can see what Patrick is saying. However I dont see the event as an apple picking campaign. Without us there will be no real Street Fighter presence.
    We are bringing it, it is Street Fighter. The competitive scene will motivate weepers and sore losers to get better and come back harder than ever.
    Others not seriously into the game will not be bothered with it.

Example is when i got SF3 for ps2, then it came out for the xbox so i thought i would go online with my ken and destroy some people. I bought an xbox, live etc etc to find out i was nothing. So i tryed harder.

Also Dave you're right about Ryan. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I wouldn't say thread of the year but entertaining all the same.

• Advertisement

img8351368881.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Looks like I'll be working :(

My thoughts on the whole convention thing - http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1329

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is this weekend!!!

Man October is all about the fighting games.

Can someone bring a camera? The Doomcam is off doing a nixer for a friend. Id say there'll be an awesome vlog to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

This is this weekend!!!

Man October is all about the fighting games.

Can someone bring a camera? The Doomcam is off doing a nixer for a friend. Id say there'll be an awesome vlog to be made.

I've a camera with a fairly good video feature - I'll bring it along anyway and ye can use it if yer stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'll be having my little toy along with me for the weekend anyway, since I'll generally be using it for other purposes, so if you want to borrow it and I'm not already using it, go ahead.

14633_1159120697987_1226851852_30445243_5059831_n.jpg
    when did ireland get 'hip' i remember in my day only proper utter nerds [and me] knew about final fantasy etc etc

Final Fantasy characters are a really popular cosplay... guaranteed half the kids will doing it >_<

Placebo wrote: »
    14633_1159120697987_1226851852_30445243_5059831_n.jpg
    when did ireland get 'hip' i remember in my day only proper utter nerds [and me] knew about final fantasy etc etc

Because in our day, if you wanted to get your hands on anime you had to watch the 1/2 shelf in forbidden planet on Nassau St for the other 3 people who liked it and get it first and then pay 40 pounds for the priviledge to watch 1 hour of badly dubbed ova.

Now it's got it's own trendolium section in all good video stores and of course teh intarwebz (I remember scanning Manga magazine and anime uk for new releases... sigh, those were the (horribly misspent) days).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Na everyone played final fantasy 7, it was huge.

• Advertisement

imagine we had XBL back in snes/sega days, i think we would be begging on the street right now. Kids have it great with their google,facebooks,youtube and ebays.

we had MSN blogs. Zoom and Yahoo search engines. 28-56Kbps modems. IOLFree [omgz]

imagine we had XBL back in snes/sega days, i think we would be begging on the street right now. Kids have it great with their google,facebooks,youtube and ebays.

we had MSN blogs. Zoom and Yahoo search engines. 28-56Kbps modems. IOLFree [omgz]

If something like this scene started up then, I would havebbeen that generations Cobelcog.

That's scary.

I was all pro Farz, I used either alta vista or the meta spider aggregator to search :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

they couldnt even tell you what this is!!

Playing quake on the first online console the Dreamcast was my highlight.
    Man i used to run up some bills on that phoneline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hotaru wrote: »
    Final Fantasy characters are a really popular cosplay... guaranteed half the kids will doing it >_<

I thought half the kids did the exact same Naruto cosplay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'd bring my Akuma costume from Hallowe'en last year, but my hair is far too short to style it up appropriately :(

TheChrisD wrote: »

Yea, the other half >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

TheChrisD wrote: »

Don't be reminding us. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

The girl in that pic is my friend Jordee ^^

• Advertisement

tell her im better than her bf.

Advertisement