Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirtakon 15th -17th October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    DooM beat me in the finals to take first. That match-up is just too much for me in super. GGs to all, I think I did a good job pimping SF.ie today. There was a really good Guy player there, dressed as Hazama. I'm not sure if the costumer or his play was better :D

Who knocked me out in the first round ;_;

Seriously, the ONE time I might actually have won some matches (there were several eh... terrible players there) and I had to get someone GOOD :p

No fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I wasn't able to convince a mate who was going down to take 10 minutes out of his day and learn literally all he'd need to know to win with Nu. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hi. I was the guy with the leather black jacket with the white fur on it.

It was fun. Learned new things. The Guy player who was against me was really good

Thanks to D4RK Onion and Doctor Doom for showing me some tips

Hoping to see you all again tomorrow!

The Dan cosplay was good too. The red-hair guy was scary with Dan and Sakura.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GG's to everyone. I enjoyed all the matches, One1on took a fight off me in the final, which is tough going for

Having the piss taken out of during the Deejay match was good craic.

The set up was good, the guys there were helpful and they listened to us on alot of stuff.

Was alot of fun, I hope Eirtakon expand the tournament next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Vyze wrote: »
    I wasn't able to convince a mate who was going down to take 10 minutes out of his day and learn literally all he'd need to know to win with Nu. :(

D,D,D,D,D quarter circle D,D,D,D *pause* D,D,D,D,D,D

then when they think you won't D any more :

D,D,D,D,D quarter circle D,D,D,D *pause* D,D,D,D,D,D

• Advertisement

How many of you are going back tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

take pics of the girls some one
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Fergus_ wrote: »
    How many of you are going back tomorrow?

D4RK ONION and I (I was the girl in the purpley dress hanging around a lot :p) will be there anyway :)

Oh cool. Maybe we can get a few more games in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Damn Doom and his Guile knocked me out in the semis. I took a couple of rounds off him this time! Woo for progress =D
    I filmed all the later stages along with some of the uh... interesting earlier sessions. (The girl who'd never played before winning after being told to just keep hitting left bumper with Gief was a highlight)
    Well, I got most of the later stages. Aside from, y'know, the finals. Blame Doom for my battery not being able to keep up with him.

• Advertisement

Hi. I was the guy with the leather black jacket with the white fur on it.

It was fun. Learned new things. The Guy player who was against me was really good

Thanks to D4RK Onion and Doctor Doom for showing me some tips

Hoping to see you all again tomorrow!

The Dan cosplay was good too. The red-hair guy was scary with Dan and Sakura.

Hey man pleasure to meet you :)

Sorry we couldn't hang around longer.

Yeah sorry for knocking the camera a bit out of place >.<

Yeah sorry for knocking the camera a bit out of place >.<

Don't worry about that, happens all the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

damn you dark onion. Good matches tho :D and Doom when the hell did you record me playing blazblue lol. well if you guys are coming in i'll give ya some games.

It was really fun playing tonight though. None of my friends are too big on SFIV so I play online myself so it was a fun experience to play with other people. I will be there tomorrow and get the PS3 on for SSFIV! :p

All the vids from SSFIV are now up on http://www.youtube.com/sairusillumina Not arsed properly naming and tagging them tonight. That can wait =P
    Final isn't up yet - that needs a bit of surgery first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

i might stall it down tomorrow if anyone's gonna be playing street fighter

There'll probably be spots of casuals all day, but they may not exactly be up to XGC casuals standards.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

• Advertisement

That was a funny rage quit though.

I assume you didn't mean to do that ultra, Xinkai?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Looks like he did -- trying to catch a chip headbutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Looks like he did -- trying to catch a chip headbutt.

ambitious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ehh probably won't bother at this stage, I don't mind the quality of play or whatever but I'm not gonna head up if it won't even be on half the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hotaru wrote: »
    Who knocked me out in the first round ;_;

Seriously, the ONE time I might actually have won some matches (there were several eh... terrible players there) and I had to get someone GOOD :p

No fair!

Blame OpenOffice.org Calc's RAND() function :P
    Sairus wrote: »
    All the vids from SSFIV are now up on http://www.youtube.com/sairusillumina

*this is a reminder for me to take a look at those later on when I eventually get back home after this weekend!*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Still no pictures of the lovely crumpet at the event:confused:

Great fun everyone! Sadly I won't be going to the games Expo :(

I will see you all next year at Eirtakon 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

I showed up at Eirtakon with Fergus, who unfortunately got me addicted to SF, yet I suck.

D4RK ONION tokk the time to show me some ways to link to Ryu's ultra, which I 'm grateful for but I can't execute ultras when I want to. :o
    Also Brawl tournament was fun, I cam 4th because everyone forgot I was there until only 2 people left in all matches except Finals. They killed me first. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Good games to everyone there, especially ONION. Cheer for the pointers + Makoto tips :) I'll keep practicing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Nah Doom I did mean to do the ultra, I thought Onion was gonna try an EX headbutt when I landed, but no joy.

The ragequit was done just as a pure laugh though, no saltiness whatso ever....

I'm going to sodomize you, Onion :D

Advertisement