Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When Mods go mountain biking.....

• 16-09-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

16092010145.jpg

I'll let the "Captain " give details of what happened...... lol

A

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Is this what being "outed" feels like?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Ha ha ha, should I have included the rest of the details?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Ha ha ha, should I have included the rest of the details?
    Please do ....

I'm not sure I should, it wouldn't be fair of me.... BUT

Trills , Spills, Pain , powerlinks and exploding derailleur would give you a reasonable idea.

That and we may have another MTB convert.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

61096_470827260305_726840305_7185390_3636643_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Starting to get a bit of a reputation for "mechanicals" Captain ....

Beasty wrote: »
    Starting to get a bit of a reputation for "mechanicals" Captain ....

In fairness, I do spend a lot of time on bikes, it's natural I should get mechanicals here and there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

61096_470827260305_726840305_7185390_3636643_n.jpg

Was that caused by a collision or did the derailleur just give up?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Derailleur gave up. Not worth replacing, gonna have to live off rice and water for the next while. Might turn it into a fixie or something.

Ah come on Captain, the derailleur was a bit of misfortune and on its way out before we even set off.

It's the wee "over the bars" incident that I found the funniest :D

• Advertisement

Ah come on Captain, the derailleur was a bit of misfortune and on its way out before we even set off.

I thought it was the sound-effects you liked?

Well it's all kinda funny but the sound effects were pretty good.

Then of course there was this bit...... Just replace the ball with bar stem

I do of course realize I will die a death once we head out on the road bikes.

It's the "wee over the bars" incident that I found the funniest :D

... he didn't, did he?:D

(is that what he's doing in the picture?)

Beasty wrote: »
    ... he didn't, did he?:D

Maybe once or twice...lol

The photo is after the tumble(s) but before the exploding rear mech.

We did two spins the first one was intended to be more leisurely where we just took our time and shot the breeze where the second we hooked up with the guy I usually cycle with and had intended on taking things a bit quicker until the wee mechanical the Captain had.

So after a quick bit of chain breaking and conversion to single speed the Captain headed for home, thankfully we weren't far out and we headed on.

I'll have to hold my hands up and say only moments after we got going again I suffered from a moment "sticky spd peddle" and had a slow motion falling to the side incident.

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

hmm, wonder if there'd be much interest in a boards mtb spin?

zil wrote: »
    hmm, wonder if there'd be much interest in a boards mtb spin?

Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps

Are there enough MTBers knocking around here and where are most folks biased?

Dublin / Wicklow or Ballyhoura would be ideal and try go somewhere where we wouldn't tear up the trails if it's wet.

Somewhere like Ballyhoura would be ideal if any of the boards.ie roadies wanted to try their hand on two wheels of a different sort.

A

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...where are most folks biased?

I think most people here are biased towards road bikes.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There were a few boards mtb spins last winter if I recall. Perhaps fire up a post and try to organise one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Captain Havoc lives up to his username;)

Advertisement