Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aloe Vera or Tea Tree?

• 16-09-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I have to get new face wash/exfoliator/moisturiser. I usually use Loreal Men but I'm not sure if their stuff suits my skin. My skin is a bit oily, not too bad but noticeable, and I have a few blackheads around my nose. Up until now I've just used a face wash in the morning and at night and exfoliated once a week.

Now I really want to make my skin as clear and shine-free as possible. Was in the Body Shop earlier and they have plenty of different products - some are aloe vera based and some are tea tree based. Which ones would be more suitable for my skin (oily, prone to blackheads, redness)?

Can anyone tell me which ones I should go for and if anyone has any product recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Hi OP, considering your skin is oily and prone to blackheads I'd advise you to use something tea tree based, which is a natural antiseptic and would work to keep your pores clear.

However you did say that you have some redness too, which suggests sensitivity in which case aloe vera would work towards combatting that. My suggestion to you would be to invest in Vichy's Normaderm range, which is for your skintype but won't cause irritation that might lead to sensitivity. It comes in big pump bottles, is relatively inexpensive and is widely available from most pharmacy's. Oh, and it works! :)

PS: Perhaps cut back on the old scrub-a-dub-dubbing a little in order to reduce redness cos exfoliating too much is known to exacerbate such things

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sarahmc92

Did you ever get a nice cream for your face?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please don't resurrect two year old threads. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement