Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free Xbox LIVE Gold weekend 17-20 September

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Free online multiplayer for silver xbox live members from 9am PST (5pm Irish time) on 17th of September through 9 am PST on September 20th
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/Reach_LIVE_Weekend.htm

Sweet, for once, I'm actually off work for these weekends. Herself might not be impressed as its her birthday, but sure, what odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Xbox.com wrote:
    Listen, Xbox Live will make the Halo: Reach launch weekend so spectacular, they'll be writing about it for eons.

Methinks the writer is a little too excited. I can just imagine it now, in the future Halo fanboys will be split into two groups; Those that think the Halo Reach launch was the best and the other that believes Halo: CE had the best launch.

Epic wars will be fought in a similar way to that South Park episode in which Cartman freezes himself and ends up in the future. Personally I don't know which had the better launch but Halo Reach has Xbox Live from the get-go, CE didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Around 20 mins after it should have started but I am still an xbox live silver member :/

Was looking forward to abit of reach and would rather keep my 2 day code for another time.Anyone else the same ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Around 20 mins after it should have started but I am still an xbox live silver member :/

Was looking forward to abit of reach and would rather keep my 2 day code for another time.Anyone else the same ?
    Yeah it took 30 mins-1 hour for it to work the last time this event happened.
    Just practice your war face until then :pac:

Grand thought it was just me :P

First time since getting my 360,bit stupid telling us a time if it's not even right.

• Advertisement

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Grand thought it was just me :P

First time since getting my 360,bit stupid telling us a time if it's not even right.
    It'll be free (whenever it starts) so can't really complain

Still no sign of it.Anyone else the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Still not working??? Whats de point of having a start time if its not correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

it works for me ...................o wait i have gold any way

naughto wrote: »
    it works for me ...................o wait i have gold any way
    Back under your bridge Kev :D
    Getting annoyed now of the lack of promised free multiplayer :mad:
    Can someone post on the thread when the silver accounts work ?
    Tired of checking and being disapointed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

can u ring xbox to see what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

naughto wrote: »
    can u ring xbox to see what the story is

No need to ring he's right beside me. Just ignored me the f*cker! :mad:

Any update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

sign out of profile go to xbox dashboard go to my xbox check xbox live status and try again!

Works now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Still not working for me. I'm still silver.

Maybe it's because I haven't got a credit card signed up??

Elessar wrote: »
    Still not working for me. I'm still silver.

Maybe it's because I haven't got a credit card signed up??
    No credit cards required. Is the silver profile xbox live enabled i.e. signed up to live?
    Your profile will remain silver but you can play online multiplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I'm having issues with this too (or am just doing something wrong); my account is showing as Silver and I'm unable to join any online games as far as I can see.

VALIS wrote: »
    I'm having issues with this too (or am just doing something wrong); my account is showing as Silver and I'm unable to join any online games as far as I can see.
    The account is supposed to show as silver.
    Try signing out and signing in again :)

Thanks, I popped in Pure and that worked but for some reason Halo 3 (new to 360 so just got a copy) doesn't seem to work online for me...

• Advertisement

VALIS wrote: »
    Thanks, I popped in Pure and that worked but for some reason Halo 3 (new to 360 so just got a copy) doesn't seem to work online for me...
    It won't work for ranked matches but you should be able to play social matches (halo 3)

Right you were, thanks ;)

Advertisement