Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenlamp gu10 led bulbs

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently fitted almost 70 downlighters in a new house , the owner supplied the fittings and bulbs and first bought 50watt 12 volt halogen bulbs but i asked him to replace these with gu10 cfls or leds as these type bulbs in my opinion are a serious fire hazard in a ceiling.He next bought led gu10 bulbs which when i powered up i was very impressed with the light output the bulb make is greenlamp 3 watt led. He bought these in a dublin wholesale but they are no longer stocking them , can anyone tell me have they come across these bulbs and where they can be bought?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you did the right thing imo

big advantage where there's many spots-energy saving and bulb life,heat reduction

i wouldv'e sent them back as well-trafos and halogens are relics of the past :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I never heard of greenlamp lamps, and I guess you want to match the colour, but philips make a very good quality 3W Led GU10 lamp too.

it's hardly these guys is it?

http://greenlampled.com/

fairly rough looking website, but there downloadable excel energy saving workbook is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lamps and Lighting

Hi All

There is no reason not to install low voltage MR16 lamps if they are installed correctly, i.e plenty of ventilation and left uncovered.

For areas where there are height restrictions lamps are available that reflect the heat forward. Eliminating any hazard.

Anybody wants any advise let me know.

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dublin sparky

green lamp are available in most electrical wholesalers in dublin. if ur near inchicore e.s.l in jamestown industrial estate are very good on the price of them. cwe in coolmine in blanchardstown have them too. so too do eastern and i think kellihers have them as well but i'm not certain.

Seperately I'm trying to find out the heat output from led downlights and what clearance is needed from insulation surrounding the light fitting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

green lamp are available in most electrical wholesalers in dublin. if ur near inchicore e.s.l in jamestown industrial estate are very good on the price of them. cwe in coolmine in blanchardstown have them too. so too do eastern and i think kellihers have them as well but i'm not certain.

Seperately I'm trying to find out the heat output from led downlights and what clearance is needed from insulation surrounding the light fitting

You need a metal or fabric fire hood is you are putting insulation near them or over them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the 'capped f' type can be covered

Advertisement