Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Mould from Grouting on Bathroom Tiles?

• 16-09-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

What would ye recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

a good hard scrub. White cream cleaner is good if the grount was white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

have tried the elbow grease, but didn't think of the cream cleaner, wil try cif as I have it. Tried other stuff but no luck. Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

there is a mould removing spray. its quite harsh as in you will need to wear rubber gloves. the fumes are pure toxic too. but it does the trick. i think its cillit bang mould remover comes in a purple bottle with green top if i remeber correcty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

+1 for matron but also be very careful with it especially if your have porcelain tiles this stuff can be very tough to remove so test on a small area first.

+1 for matron but also be very careful with it especially if your have porcelain tiles this stuff can be very tough to remove so test on a small area first.

Porcelaine should be fine its the cheap ceramics that loose there glaze.... If you use Jif or any cream cleaner make sure its not lemon or your grout will turn yellow. Stick with white... If your grout is white off course.

• Advertisement

really appreciate all yer help!! The cilit bang is the way to go all right, as I tested it wit the Cillit Bang Grease and Floor cleaner, didn't check about glaze tho.........tried it with (yellow) cif:o this morning, but Cillit Bang quicker with brushing it.

Thanks so much for the tips. This is a rental house so damp and old, that it prob doesn't matter what I use as long as it comes off, (it should have been done for me before I moved in but never was):(

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

if you can stand the smell of bleach it usually works for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

angelmum wrote: »
    if you can stand the smell of bleach it usually works for me

Second that. I put on my overalls, safety glasses and mask, and open the window to get good ventillation. Then I use a paint brush to apply thick bleach to all the grout. Wait half and hour and rinse off. Comes up 'as good as new'. Total cost : approx 2 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

The only problen with the thick bleach is if its left for too long it wi break down the grout over time especially the white grout which is very fine. It does work great but its bad in the long term.

My biggest fear with bleach especially raw bleach is the damage it would do to acrylic baths... But then again mehhh...each to there own

• Advertisement

Its only for the wall thats on the outside wall of the house, the internal walls are fine. So no bath will be tarnished! Surley it can be left on for 15 mins without harming grouting?

Advertisement