Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam Vet

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Has anyone used the vet in Tuam who is situated behind the West Wing restaurant?I found them to be really good.They sorted out my cat very well,were very nice and extremely reasonable price wise!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Didn't realise there was one out there! We use Rennick ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭steamboat

Yes, that's Cian Lynch's place. Would recommend him too. They also provide a grooming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Yep Cian Lynch, part of the Lynch vet dynasty, great guy and a great vet, saved my priceless dog a year and a half ago, for a very reasonable price, he was really dedicated and really cared for him. I would, and have recommended him to many people I know. He also has great opening times, and a great vet nurse who does grooming and all minor bits and bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

John Tighe does most of our veterinary work... he works for Francis Canavan... very nice guy and his work is always top class...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I've used them (Lynch) and I would recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He's an excellent vet. I brought a stray dog there one time who looked like he had a broken leg and he checked him out for me and he was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gemmie_Monster

Anyone know the costs for spaying female kittens at any of these vet clinics? I have 2 female kittens (6 months old) who managed to escape today, I fear they are on heat and want to get them spayed asap. Thanks all.

Edi: I live in Tuam. Recently moved up from Cork and haven't got a new vet yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bunty

+1 for cian lynch, very nice chap and brill vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

093 xxx. Give them a call. I'm sure they can tell you straight away:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

cian excellent vet, would def reccomend and a quiet gentleman to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

mars bar wrote: »
    We use Rennick ourselves.

So do we, and we use Cian Lynch when Tom Rennick is not available.

Cian is a young man with, i presume, up to date knowledge & modern techniques but Tom is the old dog for the hard road.
    We find our pets are much more relaxed when handled by Tom because he spends plenty of time gaining their trust.

Still, everyone to their own i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 volvick

Cian Lynch is good but how will i put it ... i found him not as nice as i was told, he was impatient with my dog and then me, she was scared and wouldn't sit still and he made it clear he wasn't happy. I was paying good money and didn't want to feel as if I was an inconvenience to him but i did feel that way. I understand what vets deal with but if I behaved that way at my work I would have the business closed. I would recommend Cian to anyone but not for a scared lil animals or owners who need to hold their animals for injections etc. There is great opening hours and parking, staff is nice and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

volvick wrote: »
    Cian Lynch is good but how will i put it ... i found him not as nice as i was told, he was impatient with my dog and then me, she was scared and wouldn't sit still and he made it clear he wasn't happy. I was paying good money and didn't want to feel as if I was an inconvenience to him but i did feel that way. I understand what vets deal with but if I behaved that way at my work I would have the business closed. I would recommend Cian to anyone but not for a scared lil animals or owners who need to hold their animals for injections etc. There is great opening hours and parking, staff is nice and friendly.

You hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 micksie

I use Tom Rennick and have always found him to be extremely patient and kind to my 2 cats. He gives excellent advice and I never feel like he rushes through things. He clearly loves his job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Rennick is too long in the game at this stage. Having gone to him for years, with mixed results, and some dubious bills we decided to give Cian Lynch's practice a go.

Nice large, clean modern place. Young vet who seems to be on top of his game and very reasonably priced compared to city prices. Quite a shy man but that doesn't impact on his sterling work ethic and compassion.

They also house and re-home stray dogs for the council. When I was there a young man was after picking up a pure bred boxer, free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 missy1rex2

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

missy1rex2, please do not sign up and drag up old threads to have a go at a business.

I've removed the content of your post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement