Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sad day for the 46A

Options
  • 16-09-2010 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

The 46A will be taking a new route , which will change everything.
    I believe this is the end of an era for the 46A. Its a sad day. Most of my childhood was spend on that bus during my summers as a child.

The 46A was the best bus in western Europe for long time, it come very frequently , every 2mins during peak hours

what will be your memories of the 46A ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Who? What? Leave me ma's bra size out of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

it come very frequently , every 2mins during peak hours

That's almost as fast as me. Very impressive.

Edit: Feck off Biggins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

77 is where it's at buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The bus stop for it on Nassau Street that should have a warning sign reading "POTENTIAL EAR BLEEDINGS IN THIS VICINITY".

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Most of my childhood was spend on that bus during my summers as a child
    What a sh1te childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

I believe this is the end of an era for the 46A. Its a sad day. Most of my childhood was spend on that bus during my summers as a child.

The 46A was the best bus in western Europe for long time, it come very frequently , every 2mins during peak hours

My memories are of smelly drunks down the back, often rude busdrivers, mentally disturbed people talking to themselves, knacker kids at night, waiting far longer than 2 mins and busdrivers not giving you change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Dudess wrote: »
    What a sh1te childhood.

First of all, you don't even know me, secondly I had a a great childhood and my parents loved me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

That shit song like everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Watching it go by several times before my own bus arrived, despite the fact it was completely empty and thus had **** all purpose.

First of all, you don't even know me, secondly I had a a great childhood and my parents loved me
    But they made you spend most of it on a bus... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it'll make it faster & more direct, that's about it
    its a good day, its faster and more direct
    :pac::pac::pac: not at all. and only every 4 minutes
    getting it now and again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

But they made you spend most of it on a bus... :(

No! I had to get the 46A during the summer to get around as my parents were working

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Where do you claim you live again? Is it Blackrock.
    The 46A doesnt go through Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that's loike, a total mare, or something?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Source? MAN if it means I have to walk an extra bit or be on the feckin bus an extra bit going to college I'll be so annoyed! Spend my life on that stupid bus.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I hate the 46a becuse it stops at the same stops as the buses I need in town, but is no use to me, and it comes evey 5 seconds or so, teasing me, **** off!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Twee. wrote: »
    Source? MAN if it means I have to walk an extra bit or be on the feckin bus an extra bit going to college I'll be so annoyed! Spend my life on that stupid bus.

source?

Have you been living under a rock for the last 4 months?
    Network Direct - total overhaul of all DB services...

www.dublinbus.ie would be the obvious one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So they're changing the route?

Will it still be called the 46a or will it be called New 46a?

I hope they don't throw away the original recipe like they did with Coke - this could be a marketing disaster if they did.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

source?

Have you been living under a rock for the last 4 months?
    Network Direct - total overhaul of all DB services...

www.dublinbus.ie would be the obvious one

Well it was pretty obvious I hadn't heard about it, so it's reasonable to want to read about it. Major changes would affect my daily journey. Calm down :rolleyes:

Damn, some of the big changes would have made my day so much easier, but of course theses changes are at times when I will not be on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Biggins wrote: »
    Who? What? Leave me ma's bra size out of this!

This worries me. That you know your ma's bra size.

46A eh? Oooh what a bus? The wheels! The seats! The commute from the place that I was leaving and then arriving at the place I was going to. Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

A sad day for the 46A

it rhymes so it must be true

Twee. wrote: »
    Damn, some of the big changes would have made my day so much easier, but of course theses changes are at times when I will not be on the bus.

These changes affect the entire day, 7 days a week. the 46a will not longer ever serve Stillorgan village or Monkstown farm (big plus points, cuts about 25 mins off journey) Route is also extended to Phoenix Park and both rush hour and non rush hour frequency increased. departure times slightly more standardised than before too. I think the weekend suffer a bit with less services, but not by much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

No! I had to get the 46A during the summer to get around as my parents were working

Awwwww, how sad. Would they not buy you a bike?
    AnonoBoy wrote:

Will it still be called the 46a or will it be called New 46a?

Probably the Real 46A or the Continuity 46A.

Flukey wrote: »
    Probably the Real 46A or the Continuity 46A.
    :D

I think provisional 46A would be best for now, it may change again due to political interference

the 46a will not longer ever serve Stillorgan village or Monkstown farm (big plus points, cuts about 25 mins off journey)

You'll know I've posted elsewhere about this. (For others, check the Communting & Transport forum for a much more detailed discussion on this) As I've said there, it is not a plus for those that are currently served by those stops. Then, for someone travelling between somewhere like UCD and O'Connell Street, those two bypasses won't save them a single second. As I've posted elsewhere on this issue, those speed improvements are only terminus to terminus statistics and they only affect some of the passengers. For a very large amount, it won't make any difference. For others it is a step back. The only ones that will see a shorter journey are people on for one or both of those bypasses. That's a minority of the passengers on any one run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The bus stop for it on Nassau Street that should have a warning sign reading "POTENTIAL EAR BLEEDINGS IN THIS VICINITY".
    that's loike, a total mare, or something?
    Awwwww, how sad. Would they not buy you a bike?

Why is it that some people just cannot refrain from resorting to Jurassic stereotypes whenever there's an area related thread on here?

In relation to the 46A, I love it. Mainly because it's the only bus in Dublin that comes more often than Jacinta and her buds (just to give some balance to the prejudices...) ;)

Why is it that some people just cannot refrain from resorting to Jurassic stereotypes whenever there's an area related thread on here?

In relation to the 46A, I love it. Mainly because it's the only bus in Dublin that comes more often than Jacinta and her buds (just to give some balance to the prejudices...) ;)

So is this Jacinta friend of yours a good gardener? It's been a reasonable summer, so I suppose a lot of those buds would have come and blossomed this year. :)

So is this Jacinta friend of yours a good gardener? It's been a reasonable summer, so I suppose a lot of those buds would have come and blossomed this year. :)

:rolleyes::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

46B FTW

• Advertisement

TheBlock wrote: »
    46B FTW

withdrawn, along with 46c and 46x (and 46d too I think)

Advertisement