Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech X-530 and Dell 5100

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Those are PC speakers so shouldn't they have regular 3.5mm paired input plugs? Should be three of them for a 5.1 set (center+sub, stereo or "front side" pair, rear pair) which should go in the back of the PC here:

about17.jpg

Front speaker cable goes to the Green (Stereo) output line as usual (same with 2.0 stereo speakers and headphones), center and subwoofer combined cable goes to Yellow (LFE Enhanced Channel) and rear speaker cable goes to Black (Rear Surround). In most Dells and HPs the Pink (Microphone) input also doubles as a Grey (Side Speaker) output for 7.1 kits but you don't need that line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tazer

Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. No, they need a sound card as the speakers have an orange, green and black output. I tried the jacks you pictured in your post but at least one is a microphone port and all speakers wont play. I can put all jacks into the green port on the back of the pc but will only play out of 2 speakers each time.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hmmm i ordered the same 5.1 system and il be pissed if i need to buy a sound card for it (dont want it taking up room on my board more than anything)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The orange-y plug goes to the LFE Enhanced (yellow) jack, and the black one goes to the Rear Speaker (black) jack. After that if they're not working either the mobo or speakers are borked or there's a setting in Audio Properties or the BIOS that needs to be toggled. If you see "AC97" anywhere in settings, try toggling it to "AZALIA" or "SURROUND"!

Advertisement