Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who stayed in the Gresham hotel...

Options
  • 17-09-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I'm staying in the Gresham in a few days and im hoping to hook up with some friends in there for a nice chat and drinks. I was just wondering, seeing as i havent been in any of them, which of the two bars the gresham offers would be best suited for a hook up thats trying to be a little bit quirky?

Writer's lounge or Toddy's bar?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I'm staying in the Gresham in a few days and im hoping to hook up with some friends in there for a nice chat and drinks. I was just wondering, seeing as i havent been in any of them, which of the two bars the gresham offers would be best suited for a hook up thats trying to be a little bit quirky?

Writer's lounge or Toddy's bar?

Thanks in advance.

Neither both are like a retirement home,theres plenty of other to choose from nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A/s? other posters have said, there are other bars in the vicinity.... (hate this keyb&ard)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Neither of the bars in the Gresham are quirky.

There's nothing wrong with them, friendly staff, decent drinks. They just have no atmosphere.

You might be better served trying the Library Bar in the Central Hotel just off George's Street.

Nice and quiet but not too big and empty like the Gresham ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

near Gresham and quirky - you could try kimchi/hop house ?

its a combination of a pub and a korean restaurant

is that quirky enough ?

also in the general area - a pub called "the confessional" (its beside the pro cathedral) has reopened at the intersection of malboro street and talbot street.. its tiny!

upmarket quirky (also on the northside) - "the church" - old church converted into a bar/restaraunt at the jervis street end of henry street.

then finally on o'connell street , directly opposite the gresham , you have Dr. Quirkys :D

i do not recommend the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

then finally on o'connell street , directly opposite the gresham , you have Dr. Quirkys :D

i do not recommend the latter

Dr Quirkey's, actually.

/pedant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, like others have said, go and search for a few pubs in the area. I won't recommend one, as it is better to get out and explore and find one or some. That's part of the fun. There are no shortage of them. They'd be cheaper than the Gresham too and have much more character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Am I the only one finding a biiiit of a difference in these descriptions and wondering what the hell the second one refers to?!?
    Am a bit concerned given his username... (:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Something weird has happened this thread since I posted last night.... :eek: :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement