Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White ink tat in cork

Options
  • 17-09-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I no alot of people are sceptical about them on here but does any1 have any recommendations of any1 who does them in cork?

I intend on this being my last tattoo and i want something special and personal so thought that white ink would be quite appropriate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be perfectly honest with you, I've not really seen anyone expressing any scepticism about white ink tattoos. I've seen a few of them done quite well. You just have to be aware of the possibilities that (a) it might end up a slightly pinkish colour and (b) that you might end up hardly able to see it yourself, depending on your skin tone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Coming from someone with a white ink tattoo.. DON'T DO IT! :eek:
    Mine looked amazing while it was scabbing/healing...then after a few months it totally faded and I've had people ask me how I got 'that scar'.

Please don't waste your money on a white ink that only you might be able to see in a few months, get something that you can see properly and be proud of.

But at the end of they day, it's your decision and your money... so good luck with whatever you decide to do! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

aoife2k wrote: »
    Coming from someone with a white ink tattoo.. DON'T DO IT! :eek:
    Mine looked amazing while it was scabbing/healing...then after a few months it totally faded and I've had people ask me how I got 'that scar'.

Please don't waste your money on a white ink that only you might be able to see in a few months, get something that you can see properly and be proud of.

But at the end of they day, it's your decision and your money... so good luck with whatever you decide to do! :-)

Thing is, that's usually why people go for white ink tattoos, because they are barely visable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

That's why I got mine done white in the first place... but 6 years later it's basically invisible! But as i said, tis totally up to the op

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Can't say i agree with this post myself, i have 2 white ink tattoos on either forearm and while I agree that they have faded. its been nearly 4 years and they are still visible. I don't consider them to be a waste of money in the slightest. Yes they are interesting and yes they look like a bit like scarring but that is part of why I love them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement