Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments

Options
  • 17-09-2010 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm moving to an apartment in St Lukes after 2 years in the sticks and need an allotment to keep me sane. Does anyone know of any round that side of the city? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Blackpool maybe??? One there featured on a series of corrigan knows food on rte last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The only allotments I'm aware of are belonging to Rathcooney farms, based in Glanmire - not a million miles away from where you are :

http://rathcooneyfarms.com/page5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallystar

I remember seeing allotments advertised out Whites Cross direction. Very easy to get to from St. Lukes. If you head straight out to Whites Cross, turn left at the Stirrup Pub and its a few yards up the road on the left. Part of a farm I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Thanks everyone, I'll look into the Glanmire and White cross ones! Blackpool is to grim to spend any excess time in lol :) I've been in the country so long I have no clue what's going on with the urban gardening scene (if you can call it that!?) these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

If you go to the cork food web or GIY cork you might find some contacts for allotments or if you go to the meeting of cork giy that is held on the first Tuesday of every month at 7 pm in the convent on Evergreen Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement