Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Hub

Options
  • 17-09-2010 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

So what do you guys think of this?

Could this become a regular spot or will the XBLGC stay the place for regulars / casuals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doubt it'll replace the XGC on Liffey St as our casuals spot.

XGC has both PS3s and 360s, is cheap and generally let us use any equipment we like as long as we pay the hourly rate for the use of the TV it's connected to.

We've had laptops, Wiis and PS2s set up in the XGC, doubt they'll let us away with that in a PS3 centre.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Looks good for a kinda "backup" place but most of the SF players in Ireland are X Box heads so I can't see it becoming the primary place.

Also for the reasons el chopperto mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

XGC has both PS3s and 360s.

Didi not know that at all... hmm.

tbh, I don't think the PSH looks good or full, there's something Irish about it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I wouldn't mind trying it out to be honest, just for something new. Maybe for a midweek session (which tend to have surprisingly more ps3 users than xbox users).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The "Hub" is only a promo thing for playstation Move & 3D gaming, and is free of charge.
    It's only temporary as well, and will only remain open until November.

So it's not like the XGC or a regular gaming centre, so there's no option to rock on up with joysticks and tell them you'll be playing fighting games I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A-Trak wrote: »
    The "Hub" is only a promo thing for playstation Move & 3D gaming, and is free of charge.

So it's not like the XGC or a regular gaming centre, so there's no option to rock on up with joysticks and tell them you'll be playing fighting games I'm afraid

Yeah, that's what it looked like to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

A-Trak wrote: »

Yeah, I just read Dav's comment there... publicity stunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SnowSurfer

Went in there the other day but they said it was closed... All I kept thinking was "where's blvd?" :( spent so many of my teen years in that shop...

the hub still seems sweet tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Basically this is just an interactive ad for Sony.

The angle to really approach is to contact the people there, looking for sponsership/equipment to help run our tourneys.

Playstation hub is purely PR, and will likely have the right people to talk to running it.

Even as simple as a ps3 to run blazblue on seeing as it's a timed exclusive, or some free t shirts etc etc.

Advertisement