Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pogues Farewell Christmas Tour

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭

The Pogues play their Farewell Christmas Tour at The Olympia Theatre, Dublin on 8 December and The
    INEC, Killarney on 11 December. Tickets will go on sale on Friday 17 September at 09:00.

And i just got meself 3 standing tickets for this cant wait be nice piss up before Christmas with some mates :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Just got my tickets, I would think it will a good show, I just have to see Shane live at least once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Theres a Thursday gig aswell on the 9th in the Olympia, its on the bands website, just the promoters doing their usual "due to phenomenal demand" bull**** so its not on ticketmaster yet.

Anyway, going to be brilliant, last years gig was probably the best gig ive ever been to, and ive been to many. Blown away.

Be ready also, if you're getting a standing ticket.. its wild, like, sort of a mixture of say the roughness of a heavy metal gig, mixed with a scene from the basement deck of Titanic, mixed with the bar scenes from Far & Away. Great craic. Whiskey required.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

This week is like the busiest week for gigs of all year. Not going to fit this in. Whose idea is to book these things all at once when there isn't anything on for entire months?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Polar101

Also it seems be just their last Christmas tour, not their last ever tour.. that's what they seemed to say on their "official" forum at least.

Anyway, went to one of the Olympia shows last year and it was excellent, so looking forward to these as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Every Pogues show has the possibility of being the 'final ' show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 forbz86

i'd question anyone paying €45 to go see a drunk singing fairytale of new york badly in december...

go to any pub in the country during xmas party season and you'll see it for free :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

forbz86 wrote: »
    i'd question anyone paying €45 to go see a drunk singing fairytale of new york badly in december...

go to any pub in the country during xmas party season and you'll see it for free :p

I've never seen them before, so i see it as a chance to see one of the most unique bands there's ever been, fronted by a genius songwriter and lyricist.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 forbz86

10 years ago it would be a different story, but I honestly think its sad they still let that man get up on stage, the state he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

looking at some recent videos on youtube - his singing is better than i've heard it in a long time. Still nothing like it was, of course

Advertisement