Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Population Info

• 17-09-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

I know this technically isn't a city question but there is more traffic here and I don't trust the mods in the county fourm :)

Anyway, I'm researching something and need info on a village in the county (number of households, population, ages etc) and I'm wondering is there anyway to get somewhat up to date info on it. Anyone any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    I know this technically isn't a city question but there is more traffic here and I don't trust the mods in the county fourm :)

Anyway, I'm researching something and need info on a village in the county (number of households, population, ages etc) and I'm wondering is there anyway to get somewhat up to date info on it. Anyone any ideas?

Cheers in advance.

The Census
    http://www.cso.ie/census/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

ziedth wrote: »

Cheers in advance.

www.cso.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

The OSI would give you a good idea on how any town has grown over the last 100 or so years.

example... http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,668689,600084,6

Use the preview map on the right there and overlay older maps on it.
    little overlay slide on the bottom of preview window

It takes a bit of getting use to it but it has a lot of info.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Thanking you all.

Advertisement