Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERROR: must be member of role "postgres" - DocMgr

Options
  • 17-09-2010 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Getting a series of errors as per the topic title:

CREATE SCHEMA docmgr.pgsql:19: ERROR: must be member of role "postgres"

Using version August 11, 2010 - DocMGR 1.0 RC13 Released

Where line 19 in the DOCMGR.PGSQL file is:

ALTER SCHEMA addressbook OWNER TO postgres;

Do I need to define user postgres in my postgres db? I'm a newb to postgres so help would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Hey guys. Getting a series of errors as per the topic title:

CREATE SCHEMA docmgr.pgsql:19: ERROR: must be member of role "postgres"

Using version August 11, 2010 - DocMGR 1.0 RC13 Released

Where line 19 in the DOCMGR.PGSQL file is:

ALTER SCHEMA addressbook OWNER TO postgres;

Do I need to define user postgres in my postgres db? I'm a newb to postgres so help would be great!

The Postgres user is already there and it is the root user (ie the first user created when you install who owns everything)

What I guess is happening is that the user your web app is accessing the database as is trying create this table but is not logged into the database as a user with correct permissions (ie the postgres user).

For security what you want to do is create a new user for the web app that has access to its own database, then tell your web app to use this user.

Advertisement